Is there a way to avoid a Sanyo Drive in a SS externally ?

hi again , i was wondering if there is a way to avoid a Sanyo Drive in a SS externally without opening it up ?........if im correct Sanyo Drives have the 2 Coils around the Laser eye and the other Models do not ie 64-Pin and 32-Pin Drives.

any info is great

s8n

Yes you are correct about the coils. The Sanyo Model was one of the last revisions to the Saturn Hardware so if you are looking for a US system they have a date of manufacture printed on the bottom and I would try to avoid anything from 1997 if you want to stay away from the Sanyo systems. I did just recently get a mod chip successfully installed into a Sanyo system though so if you end up with one it may not be the end of the world.

RitualOfTheTrout said:
Yes you are correct about the coils. The Sanyo Model was one of the last revisions to the Saturn Hardware so if you are looking for a US system they have a date of manufacture printed on the bottom and I would try to avoid anything from 1997 if you want to stay away from the Sanyo systems. I did just recently get a mod chip successfully installed into a Sanyo system though so if you end up with one it may not be the end of the world.

Thanks Ritual youve been very helpful in both posts.........

thanks again for the tips and confirm

s8n

Back