Jaguar emulator

Project Tempest

cool.gif

I'm not askin for them i'm just sharing with you my frustration: I can't find any roms god dammit. Guess i'm gonna have to keep searchin, no i'm not askin for them just sayin...

Doesn't the Jaguar play CDs too?

What good games are on the system that aren't availible on the more "popular" systems?

Tempest 2000 was supposed to be one of the better titles.

Oh yeah, and the regular Jaguar didn't play CD's, but there was a CD addon for it - much like the old Sega CD
smile.gif

Yup, that's the Jag CD, alright. All these years, and the thing still looks like a big black toilet ;-) BTW kids, note the cord length on the controller - that's pretty accurate on how long they were.

I agree, it *is* time the Jag started getting some attention, hopefully we'll see it mature in the same manner as SNES, Genesis, and PSX emulation.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Oct. 08 2002, 7:28 pm

I'm not askin for them i'm just sharing with you my frustration: I can't find any roms god dammit. Guess i'm gonna have to keep searchin, no i'm not askin for them just sayin...

I agree... I wish I had kept any of my JagCD games
angry.gif
... try Direct Connect, they seem to have anything and everything... at least Sega ISO related... sorry to get on the topic of ISOs, but figured i'd try and help heh
cool.gif

archiver Posted on Oct. 09 2002, 10:22 am

I agree, it *is* time the Jag started getting some attention, hopefully we'll see it mature in the same manner as SNES, Genesis, and PSX emulation.

i doubt it

i doubt it'll even get the level of attention that n64 emulation recieved

Like Gallstaff, I can't find any roms either. I've only found a handful of them, and none have been compatible. Oh well. back to searching.

I tried to get into the jaguar, but i just couldn't after buying and playing checkered flag. What a crappy game, i'd rather play rad racer, that was fun. Anyway, were there any worthy games besides tempest?

---

btw, fabrizo, i don't mean to be mean or anything, it's just that you've been consistantly misspelling "either", and also "seems", it doesn't bother me, but just letting you know.

re: i doubt it

If you mean public interest, I wouldn't expect it to get the same level of attention (or hype) as N64 emulation, no.

What I meant by it's time it got some attention, is that it's nice someone's interested in emulating the system, despite how popular it may/may not be. There's no reason it couldn't mature in a similar manner - there's only one person working on Gens, and look at how far that's come.

I've already seen a few lame comments on the Project Tempest messageboards that are saying "why bother, it was a terrible system". What a selfish attitude...

I'm all for emulating any system no matter how bad the games were -- ok maybe there is a limit
smile.gif

But anyway, one system I am looking forward to seeing emulated is the 3DO. There were some interesting games for that system that I would like to re-experience.

Im glad I downloaded all the roms for this system years ago, when nobody cared about it. and Ive even got tons of Jag CDs to try on it as well....my god, hahaha its unreal Ive waited soooo long for this day to get here......I thought I would allways have a ton of roms for a system that would never get emulated....I tested it with cannon fodder and it works great!! no sound yet but still cool!!

Psst...

You want some Jag roms? Direct Connect is the way to go...

PM me in the hub and I'd be glad to help you.

**This message will self destruct...**

archiver Posted on Oct. 10 2002, 2:06 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

re: i doubt it

If you mean public interest, I wouldn't expect it to get the same level of attention (or hype) as N64 emulation, no.

What I meant by it's time it got some attention, is that it's nice someone's interested in emulating the system, despite how popular it may/may not be. There's no reason it couldn't mature in a similar manner - there's only one person working on Gens, and look at how far that's come.

nah, i meant developer attention

two years ago there were what, 1/2 a dozen, maybe more crews seriously devoting effort into getting accurate emulation of the n64. this is currently the only jaguar emulator i've ever heard of. gens, which still has some serious short comings in it's audio and video code has a backlog of something like 20 completed emulators to draw knowledge from

Back