Jandaman's Action Replay Plus

hello, i want to know if jandaman's action replay plus need modification. When i bought my action replay plus from playa asia it wouldnt let me play games require ram , games like marvel super heroes vs streetfighter, king of fighters 97, etc. only game i got to play was xmen vs streetfighter thats bout it.

Yes, open the cart and bridge 2 points theres a bunch of guides on the net real easy too.

it's a matter of cutting a trace, and then soldering a wire to 2 points, the longest part of the job is waiting for your soldering iron to warm up.

I don't mean to be inconvenient, but I'm at a loss as to where to search for information on the mod.

Could someone please quickly detail the modding procedure for me? I'm asking as I intend to purchase one of these cartridges very soon.

Thanks in advance.

You have to cut one trace on the PCB and solder one wire. You're more or less literally moving a bit to the right to correct the cart ID. More info here.

Thanks, ExCyber. I might not need to do this unless I intend to play certain games, correct?

Is it just Vampire Saviour which is affected? Once I get my cart, I might not touch it unless I get a game which needs this modification.

:) Thanks again.

I think the Action Replay Jandman sells is the newer model that doesn't need this modification. I have played the games they say would not work before this mod with the Action Replay from Jandman. You probably won't need to do that mod.

Most (all?) of the 4MB-only games need it as far as I know. 1MB-supporting games will work fine without it. If a 4MB-only game does work with it, it's a bug in the game. ;)

I think the Action Replay Jandman sells is the newer model that doesn't need this modification. I have played the games they say would not work before this mod with the Action Replay from Jandman. You probably won't need to do that mod.

Although I'll agree with the last part, I've heard of the old design being sold recently enough to suspect that EMS never got rid of all of them. I doubt anyone's stock is guaranteed to be the new design.

I've encountered both designs in my travels. I haven't bought one of these in a couple years though, so no clue as to what the stock currently looks like.

Hi,

I purchased an Action Replay cart from Jandaman a few weeks back and found it wouldn't work with 4M games. I've followed the instructions linked to earlier in the thread but now the system won't even boot up with the 4-in-1 cart -- it just gets to the Saturn logo screen and freezes. A tiny bit of solder dripped onto a couple of contacts, but I was able to remove nearly all of it without causing any obvious damage to the contacts. Could that really be the cause? If so, is there any way I can remove what little remaining solder there is without destroying the contacts? The only other possibility I can think of is that I didn't sever the original trace all the way through, but I'm afraid of cutting to deep for fear of damaging something on the other side of the board. How can I know when the trace is good and severed?

I bought the card from jandaman, ownly game I wasn't able to run with it was Vampire Savior. I did the mod to the card from the above link and was able to run all my games including Vampire Savior. BIOS on the card is 2.01 if that helps any

Thanks for the informations!

I did the mod to my Action Replay 4M+, too!!!

BIOS on my card is v2.01.

All games are working now!

Originally posted by Bob Violence@Sat, 2005-01-15 @ 07:11 AM

A tiny bit of solder dripped onto a couple of contacts, but I was able to remove nearly all of it without causing any obvious damage to the contacts.

[post=127768]Quoted post[/post]​

not sure how to fix your problem but as a general rule I always use thick paper to cover the board except the area I need to solder to prevent this kind of mishap... works like charm... don't worry the paper won't catch fire if solder dripped onto the paper...

Back