Japanese Game Troubles

Recently, I've burned many Japanese games for the Saturn. For a while, they booted up and ran fine. Now, for some reason, the Japanese games will no longer boot, and instead I get the "Game disc not suitable for this system." message. Why is this so? Is the region protection catching up to me?

Note: These games are running on a US model 1 Saturn via the swap trick. Also, would getting an Action Replay 4-in-1 solve this problem?

Not sure, but what region is the original disk your using to swap with? Just taking a stab.

Originally posted by slinga@Wed, 2006-04-12 @ 06:07 PM

Not sure, but what region is the original disk your using to swap with? Just taking a stab.

[post=145664]Quoted post[/post]​

The original disc I'm swapping with is, of course, a US Saturn game. The disc is a demo of Panzer Dragoon, not that it matters anyway. Also, what's a pentometer?

If I had to guess, I'd say that you got some Japanese games pre-patched and those worked, while your more recent problems are from Japanese games with their original header. To run games of a foreign region on a Saturn, you have three options:

1) Patch the disc header with a tool like SatConv

2) Use a cartridge that bypasses the region check

3) Install a region switch on your Saturn.

Back