Japanese gamers get bonus w/ Sonic Gems

stack99

Established Member
Sonic Gems Collection will include the Street of Rage Trilogy and Bonzana Brothers.

It seems that Sonic the Hedgehog fans who purchase the upcoming series compilation will be getting more than what they pay for. According to retail sources in Japan, Sonic Gems Collection will include four games as bonuses: Streets of Rage, Streets of Rage II, Streets of Rage III, and Bonanza Brothers. The four games appeared on the Sega Genesis between 1990 and 1994. There's no word on whether the bonus games will ship with the stateside release, due in August.

thanks to http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/16/news_6127667.html

Well I would have bought it almost entirely for sonic 3D, Including the Streets of rage game make the deal even better. I already own them but my mega drive is quite unreliable nowadays, plus its rarely set up.

Certainly buying this now.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Fri, 2005-06-17 @ 01:54 PM

It better f'ing come with Sonic CD...

[post=135367]Quoted post[/post]​

http://sonic.sega.jp/gems/

LOOKS LIKE IT ED

Sonic CD, Sonic R are ported over from the PC versions, Sonic Fighters will most likely be ported the same way as they did Virtua Fighter 2 with the Sega Ages 2500 game on the ps2 (I'm still not sure if that thing was an emulator or a rewrite from the original source), and the game gear games will be emulated.

Of course, they have plenty of chances to fuck this up. Sonic CD must have both soundtracks, or people will bitch. Streets of Rage 3 oughta have both the godly jap version and the butched overseas edition too.

Oh, and btw, the game is said to be out for the PS 2, but only in japan (???).

And they put a "Sonic" on the cover that looks nothing like the ones in the games. :p Man, if your gonna re-release retro stuff, make the box fit the theme aswell.

Sorry.. just hate how Sonic has been drawn from Dreamcast onwards..

:D

well... sounds awesome. Except for the whole PS2 crap. Don't own a working one, grrrrrrr! Only 3 broken ones.

Just a quick update for everyone, the US version's bonus games are going to be Vectorman 1 and 2 because Streets of Rage and Bonanza Brothers would have landed the game a T rating from the ESRB. Fuckers. And I'm sure they're going to use the American soundtrack on Sonic CD. Asses to them, I say. I'm going to mutter obscenities all the way to the store.

Originally posted by Dud@Sat, 2005-07-09 @ 01:03 AM

Just a quick update for everyone, the US version's bonus games are going to be Vectorman 1 and 2 because Streets of Rage and Bonanza Brothers would have landed the game a T rating from the ESRB. Fuckers. And I'm sure they're going to use the American soundtrack on Sonic CD. Asses to them, I say. I'm going to mutter obscenities all the way to the store.

[post=136495]Quoted post[/post]​

AH MAN that sucks...

I said it on the shmups forum and I'll say it here - I don't see why they couldn't have left Bonanza Brothers in.

Back