Japanese Shenmue???

stack99

Established Member
I read somewhere that the "difference" between the american shenmue and the japanese shenmue, is that in the US ver, the system playable in the "Den" is the saturn. The japanese ver, has the Master system? Has anyone heard of this? Thanks.

:rolleyes: :flamethrower:

some shenmue forum, I don't exactly remember which, so I guess its probably false info, thanks guys. appreciate it.

:cheers

Never heard that anywhere, though it would be interesting. Considering the game was originally for saturn (&pays homage to it) and the US version has the saturn I would assume that this is false.

Just my 2 cents tho.

---Ammut

All versions of it have a saturn in it. It's the ONLY thing in the whole game that doesn't fit into the mid 80's time frame of the game.

It's a japanese saturn; if they were only going to put the Saturn in the US version, then they'd make it a US Saturn. :puke:

i've posted this before....i've heard that if you win at the 'prize' thingy at the store, you can get Space Harrier/Hang-On to play on the Saturn in Ryo's home......

Can anyone confirm that? :cool:

Originally posted by Gaz_2_k@Aug 30, 2003 @ 04:57 PM

i've posted this before....i've heard that if you win at the 'prize' thingy at the store, you can get Space Harrier/Hang-On to play on the Saturn in Ryo's home......

Can anyone confirm that? :cool:

Yeah, I won Space Harrier from the raffle.

Lucky guy, I keep trying, and all I get are those crappy cassettes, or the little figurines...hey you can play the game you win, in the saturn in the den right?

Originally posted by stack99@Aug 31, 2003 @ 12:02 AM

Lucky guy, I keep trying, and all I get are those crappy cassettes, or the little figurines...hey you can play the game you win, in the saturn in the den right?

Absolutely, did they ever make Hang On/Space Harrier for Saturn? The game case (it's the gold border japanese case) looks real.

Looks like it.

i-1.JPG

Found it on ebay.

Back