Jesus H Christ!

I knew I should have published that rpg based on homer's Illiad!
sarcasm.gif

There seems to be some controversy over whether or not it covers in-home use of video games. Supposedly, the driving factor behind the ban is that video games are commonly used for gambling. IIRC there was once a pinball ban in Chicago for the same reason.

they government will probably change it to allow home gaming because that's really not what their goal was in the first place was it?

I can already envision the underground gaming communities. On the other hand, the law will probably be edited.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Sep. 04 2002, 4:34 pm

There seems to be some controversy over whether or not it covers in-home use of video games. Supposedly, the driving factor behind the ban is that video games are commonly used for gambling. IIRC there was once a pinball ban in Chicago for the same reason.

Yeah, it was repealed when it was proved that pinball was a game of skill, not a game of chance.

what about that gme where you have to stop the flashing light on jackpot at the exact right moment? skill or luck?

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Sep. 04 2002, 11:35 pm

what about that gme where you have to stop the flashing light on jackpot at the exact right moment? skill or luck?

Skill. In the immortal words of Jack Burton, it's all in the reflexes.

Originally posted by sizone@Sep. 04 2002, 8:43 pm

ahhhn, for that matter is poker skill or luck?

IT'S BOTH

skill my arse. it's luck. There's no way you can "defeat" the machine with skill. It's just pushing a button. personally I think poker machines should be done away with, as they are completely rigged. At least when playing poker or black jack. It is possible to win with skill.

Originally posted by SilentSnipeR@Sep. 05 2002, 3:32 pm

At least when playing poker or black jack. It is possible to win with skill.

Yeah, but when you're playing games it's possible to win with luck (example: my button mashing girlfriend
smile.gif
) so it has to be dead cert in either direction.

More to the point, has there ever been any arcade games that give you a prize of any sort other than a high score? You could understand those being banned if wiping out gambling was the intention, but I've never heard of that..

well when i was a kid the video games used to give you back quaters based on how well you played -- i was able to play for a long time with just 50 cents

mabey thier machines still do that

Originally posted by Raijin Z+Sep. 05 2002, 2:48 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Raijin Z @ Sep. 05 2002, 2:48 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Gallstaff@Sep. 04 2002, 11:35 pm

Skill. In the immortal words of Jack Burton, it's all in the reflexes.[/b][/quote]

Jack Burton Rules! =) (The guy after which Raiden is based after all)

Back