just bought a saturn

i bought a saturn off of my girlfriends brother for only $5.

it came with the saturn, 2 controllers, 3 games(bug!, sonic jam, myst) and a bag to carry it around. oh, and the cables(power and RF)

its and original saturn model# mk-80000 and controller mk-80100

what can you tell me about this thing? i wanted one so bad when they first came out, now i got a great deal on one:D

what can i do to mod the thing, i've been reading about different pin configurations and stuff.

i've got the 20 pin version

yeah, where can i find the cover that goes on the back of the saturn to cover up the part where you change the battery? it didnt have one on it

Hey!

Well, to start of with, congratulations!!! No matter how many u gave for it, it's always a great deal getting a saturn!!

Humm, about the modboard, I think it's hard to find one compatible with 20 pins saturn, lan-kwei, they say their modboard, is compatible with those saturns... don't know if it is true, though... Lan-Kwei you need a credit card... If you're not interested in online commerce, well, there's always the swap trick, learn about it on miscellanous section here at SX...

As for the battery cover... Maybe some guy has a spare saturn that doesn't work, can give u one... meanwhile, to protect your saturn from dust, just cover it with something...

No, 20 pin mods certainly do exist, it's just that almost no one that owns one wants to sell one.

Understandable really.

As I said, 20 pin mods do exists, as do 20/21 pin mods and 21 pin mods (of course).

The 20 pin and the combo 20/21 pin mods are well out of production these days, so the only way of getting one would from someone who bought one back when they were available.

As most people would have installed the mod into a Saturn it's very rare that one comes up for sale.

Originally posted by mal@Dec. 01 2002, 7:38 am

As I said, 20 pin mods do exists, as do 20/21 pin mods and 21 pin mods (of course).

The 20 pin and the combo 20/21 pin mods are well out of production these days, so the only way of getting one would from someone who bought one back when they were available.

As most people would have installed the mod into a Saturn it's very rare that one comes up for sale.

And when they do actually come up for sale (I have yet to see on in the 2+ years I've been around) they would probably cost more than just getting a model 2 saturn and 21 pin modchip.

I'm sure you would. Sonic Jam usually sells for around $30 if it's mint/complete.
tongue.gif

Back