Just found out how great Xbox modding is.

Shitface

Established Member
Ok, im sure this has been said enough times on this board, but i am freakin amazed at how much stuff can be done with a modded xbox. I am shocked at how well it plays emus. I am playing Mario 64 without any flaws! And not to mention a bunch of other stuff. Man, if you have an xbox, you neeed to get it modded. Anywho, anybody know if there are any saturn emus in the works by any chance? For xbox that is.

Originally posted by Shitface@Dec 14, 2003 @ 10:59 PM

Ok, im sure this has been said enough times on this board, but i am freakin amazed at how much stuff can be done with a modded xbox. I am shocked at how well it plays emus. I am playing Mario 64 without any flaws! And not to mention a bunch of other stuff. Man, if you have an xbox, you neeed to get it modded. Anywho, anybody know if there are any saturn emus in the works by any chance? For xbox that is.

lame, and, omfg mario perfect huh? guess what, i can do that on my n64, and my pc, w0w

sure, i can do that on my n64, and pc too. But this isn't either of those. So blah! Can't a person get giddy like a school girl once in a while! :slap Lighten up.

Originally posted by Shitface@Dec 15, 2003 @ 02:59 PM

Anywho, anybody know if there are any saturn emus in the works by any chance? For xbox that is.

I don't think so.

Originally posted by Shitface@Dec 15, 2003 @ 04:27 AM

sure, i can do that on my n64, and pc too. But this isn't either of those. So blah! Can't a person get giddy like a school girl once in a while! :slap Lighten up.

sorry life isn't perfect

yeah i agree SF. My modded box gets a lot more usage than my non modded box. Ive been into some serious Final Fantasy 3 and Phantasy Star II lately.

Not to mention being able to watch all of my DivX movies on my TV, rather than just my monitor. Nice.

Originally posted by PUNJABEE@Dec 14, 2003 @ 11:43 PM

yeah i agree SF. My modded box gets a lot more usage than my non modded box. Ive been into some serious Final Fantasy 3 and Phantasy Star II lately.

Not to mention being able to watch all of my DivX movies on my TV, rather than just my monitor. Nice.

they invented something called a tv card, it lets u output ur pc screen on ur tv, like WOW

Originally posted by Jurai+Dec 14, 2003 @ 11:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jurai @ Dec 14, 2003 @ 11:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-PUNJABEE@Dec 14, 2003 @ 11:43 PM

they invented something called a tv card, it lets u output ur pc screen on ur tv, like WOW [/b][/quote]

I gots me one of those. Its cool, but not quite the same feeling as playing it on the console.

But then again, its not as close to playing the ACTUAL game on the ACTUAL console either. eh....

Yup. Got one too, but I don't have a cable long enough to hook up the terrible non-component video connection to my nice TV. I would have to play it on my shitty old Zenith. no thanks. Id much rather use my Component on my nice 35 inch tv. Better picture, plus hearing it on my home theatre system is so much better than my pc speakers. Too bad my TV only has one V-Port, or Id use that instead of the component, but well.. you cant have everything.

like - wow.

Originally posted by PUNJABEE@Dec 14, 2003 @ 11:49 PM

Yup. Got one too, but I don't have a cable long enough to hook up the terrible non-component video connection to my nice TV. I would have to play it on my shitty old Zenith. no thanks. Id much rather use my Component on my nice 35 inch tv. Better picture, plus hearing it on my home theatre system is so much better than my pc speakers.

like - wow.

they make things, called quality tv cards, and some other things, called soundcards that you can hook into home theaters, w0ww0w

aww.. jealous that you dont have a box yet? Hey! Christmas is coming up! Maybe your parents will buy you one, unless of course youre one of those losers that think the Xbox sucks ONLY because its made by microsoft.

boo fucking hoo.

Oh and you forgot to mention.. they also make these things called SHITLOADS of money spent on cards used to play games on your PC..

but then again, they make another thing called the Xbox, that is nice and cheap, can stream ROMs and movies from your pc, and doesnt even need a bigger HDD, so its a lot cheaper than spending all that cash.

meh.

I think somebody doesn't like Xbox. A modded Xbox is an affordable entertainment center. It can emulate almost anything, it plays movies and music, and it's all in one little box that hooks up to your TV. I think it's an awesome thing, don't have a modded one yet, but I plan on getting one soon. It's also much cheaper than a PC. :)

:banana :banana :banana I stream all my MP3s and movies to my Xbox and out to my very nice TV screen. It's my preferred method of watching game demos/previews, not to mention Family Guy and Futurama :)

Playing my PSX, N64, Genesis, Sega CD, Neo geo, etc games at full speed is icing on the sweet, sweet cake.

Now, the only thing I need is a KB/M for Xbox and someone to design a Dos Emulation program to run my old games like Duke Nukem 3D, Quake, Doom, Jill of the Jungle, various arcade games, Daggerfall, and the like and map controls to my XB controller. That would be TOO scweet. Oh my god, that would be sweet...

Originally posted by racketboy@Dec 15, 2003 @ 12:10 AM

a good point is that you can't play XBox games on a PC

I'd rather play XBox games than PC games.

:lol: Man, i totally forgot about that point. There you have it, there are so many cool things to do with a modded xbox, that you totally forget the reason xboxs are there in the first place, to play xbox games.

Originally posted by Shitface@Dec 14, 2003 @ 04:59 AM

Anywho, anybody know if there are any saturn emus in the works by any chance? For xbox that is.

I sure haven't heard of anything, and I doubt anything will develop in the near future unfortunately. Why? Its not even close to perfection on pc, and its not that mainstream of a console. I sure wouldn't mind seeing it run well on the xbox.

I was considering getting my xbox modded mainly for watching movies and such. it would be really useful and I heard Xbox media player is great. It would be easy and useful to lug an xbox full of movies and emus over to a friends house for a night of fun. I'm just worried that I'd do something stupid and mess my xbox up for good, forcing me to buy another sometime down the road.

Jurai, what is your problem? When it comes to anything xbox you get really uptight and seem to inherit a blind dumbass fanboy mentality. Shitface was just mentioning some features of xbox modding...no need to get so damn bitchy. Just becuase you can hook your pc up to your tv doesn't mean that using an xbox for movie purposes is dumb... I would find it far more convenient as my pc is far from my tvs and taking it to a friends house is much easier. I think you just need to stop replying to anything regarding xbox, otherwise you just look like an ass.

---Ammut

Originally posted by racketboy@Dec 15, 2003 @ 12:10 AM

a good point is that you can't play XBox games on a PC

I'd rather play XBox games than PC games.

theres xbox emulators last i checked, and i have an xbox, i just think modding is lame

Originally posted by ChiBangin101+Dec 15, 2003 @ 12:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChiBangin101 @ Dec 15, 2003 @ 12:08 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>all in one little box that hooks up to your TV.[/b]

Little? :lol:

<!--QuoteBegin-ChiBangin101
@Dec 15, 2003 @ 12:08 AM

I hope you guys are aware of this piece of revolutionary information, some of you

being mod freaks and all

http://www.blackhaloinc.com/games/index.php#107

xbox mid without any modchips or openning the xbox
[/quote]

Haha, step 5 - "HOLY SHIT! YOU ARE NOW IN ExoX!!!" That's the best step ever!

Back