Just making sure about the 4 MEG Ram cart....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neo-Geo carts use memory mappers, it's just a matter of how much ROM you want to pile on the cart and is totally irrelevant to this discussion. The majority of Gameboy games were far bigger than its CPUs 64KB physical address space, you just access it in banks of 16KB.

Originally posted by antime@Dec 3, 2003 @ 01:38 AM

Neo-Geo carts use memory mappers, it's just a matter of how much ROM you want to pile on the cart and is totally irrelevant to this discussion.

I know... I just felt like... I needed to post that... sorry... T.T

As for flash carts specifically, I only know of Nintendo's developer flash carts and Pudova Valery's homebrew flash cart (not his V64 Jr. clone, it's the other schematics that nothing on his site really talks about), both of which have a limited number of users.

From what I've heard on the Dextrose boards, Valery is a woman (yeah, and I wasnt the only one surprised by this) :p

I'm not really surprised by it. If English had reasonably useful gender-neutral pronouns, I'd use them...

Originally posted by ExCyber@Dec 3, 2003 @ 08:24 AM

I'm not really surprised by it. If English had reasonably useful gender-neutral pronouns, I'd use them...

it does, its called it

poor des-row :(

it does, its called it

By convention, "it" does not refer to a person, so its use in my statement would have been at best confusing and at worst offensive. This is the sort of thing I meant by "reasonably useful".

Thread closed and if you're going to keep making these "insightful" comments your posts will be flagged for moderator approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back