just noticed Necxtreme is gone....

Nobody was working on it and I didnt feel like paying for it anymore. Time came around to renew it and I didnt.

While I'm supossed to be working on 3DOXtreme, I haven't had much time to do anything there.

And now that I think about it, since the 3DO company is now gone forever (unless you want to follow the bankruptcy proceedings), what's really the point in keeping it open anyway?

Would you say the same thing about SX if Sega went bust?

Lack of time and interest is fair enough, but just because the company is no more? :huh:

And now that I think about it, since the 3DO company is now gone forever (unless you want to follow the bankruptcy proceedings), what's really the point in keeping it open anyway?

:blink: But the focus was meant to be the 3DO console...oh now I know why nothing is getting done. You sure know how to pick'em Ice...you sure know how to pick'em. Ice, do you have better luck at the tracks?

Nobody was working on it and I didnt feel like paying for it anymore. Time came around to renew it and I didnt.

Where was it being hosted? If you were hosting it and didn't delete it then it is still up somewhere.

But the focus was meant to be the 3DO console...

Yeah, but without hosting or linking to game downloads, without new games to discuss, and without new news about the company to follow, there's not much to build a site around. The program is all set up, it just needs people to submit pages to it. So far, the 19 cheats I've had time to enter is all that anyone has put up there.

Seriously, check out the 3DO forum here, there's been like seven threads in six months. And the topics range from "whoo, I got a 3DO!" to "is this game worth downloading?" and "hey, which one is it again that plays backups even though half the threads in this form are asking the same question?"

Yeah, but without hosting or linking to game downloads, without new games to discuss, and without new news about the company to follow, there's not much to build a site around.

Well you could always scan articles, scan game covers, take screenshots of games, scan manuals, review or write up descriptions for games, create video files of the fmv's or gameplay, write an article about the 3DO consoles and their history, create soundtracks for certain games, write articles about what was not released, etc. <_<

The problem is you don't sound as if you are a fan of the 3DO. I wonder if Ice has more interest in it than you. You are waiting for content to fall into your lap which is silly when as webmaster you should be searching for or creating it. :damn:

I scanned all of the 3do related material from the remnants of a gamepro(june 1994) that I did not originally own. Much of it one might be able to find already on the net. As far as I know I don't have any more gaming magazines from this time.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 110
  • Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 109
Holy Sphincter(left page)

Attachments