Just wondering...

Hi guys,
First and foremost, I really love and appreciate all the efforts you're putting on the Saturn. Some of the feats are nothing short of a miracle, indeed.

I was playing today KOF97 and SFZ3 and I thought to myself:

I think it would be harder to devs to erase the language change code from the game's source code, rather than simply omitting such entry on the options (which they need to tweak anyway, because of button layouts, etc.)
Even on the original arcade roms, please correct me if I'm wrong, all languages are available, but depending on the region setting, you can get to set them or not.

So question #1 would be:

Assuming these Jap-only Capcom and SNK games DO indeed contain other languages data, would it be retrievable through Action Replay?

Unrelated question #2:

Would the 4mb cartridge improve the awful battle load times of Albert Oddissey, if a patch existed?

Assuming these Jap-only Capcom and SNK games DO indeed contain other languages data, would it be retrievable through Action Replay?

Run strings on it? See if another language is in the ISO. Assuming another language is there, I doubt an Action Replay code would be the easiest way forward. Patching the ISO itself would be easier.

Would the 4mb cartridge improve the awful battle load times of Albert Oddissey, if a patch existed?

Similar work for different games has already been done: YZB's 4MB hacks.

Back