Knuckles Chaotix 32X

I recently got the game. Haven't played much of it yet due to not having much time. I was just wondering what everyone thought about this game.

What was your favorite aspect of it?

What was your least favorite aspect of it?

The best part of Chaotix is that it uses a unique tweak on the Sonic system to allow for really fast playing. The platforms were well designed to take advantage of this, and the result is that Chaotix is actually faster than the Sonic games once you get used to it. It can be a lot of fun.

The worst part is that the levels are too abundant, easy and monotonous. If they wanted more content, they should have made more than 5 main stages. It's bad enough that you could condense all the good ideas of the 5 levels per main stage into one single level. Also, because of the random stage selection, there is almost no difficulty curve in the game as you progress. Finally, most enemies and obstacles were not places cleverly enough to be challenging in a fun way.

The art and music is what I would call average plus. The colors and parallax in the graphics are nice, and the level concepts and execution could have been worse. There's still nothing too original, though, and you get the feeling that they were a little too eager to use as many colors as they could in the game. The music isn't very special, but some tracks are catchy in the same way that good elevator music is.

The special stages are pretty fun. Getting used to the Chaos Ring stages and learning how to beat them was maybe the most satisfying part in the game for me.

The whole partner and level selection process was really stupid. Also, the climax of the game left a lot to be desired.

I had fun playing it when I did, but I think that's only because I wanted it to be fun. These days, I can't be bothered to play the game much at all. Give it a shot, though, it's fairly worth it, and some people really like it.

Great music, great graphics. And gameplay? Not too bad. The main negative I see is what SamIAm explained in his second paragraph.

It's definately worth playing - just don't expect a sonic game ;) For me, the best part about playing the game is speed runs.

Back