Last Battle

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
Side-scrolling beat-em-up for the Genesis/MegaDrive. The first time I saw this game, I thought it was Fist of the North Star (aka Hokuto no Ken). Indeed it was although the names of the characters were changed in this English version. The Japanese version was called Hokuto no Ken Shinseikimatsu Kyuuseishu Densetsu (北斗の拳 新世紀末救世主伝説).

The way Aarzak (yes, this is the name of the main character :ph34r:) powers up reminds me of Altered Beast. Has anyone played this game back in the old days? If so, did you like, dislike, or were you confused? :lol:

Attachments

• title.gif
    title.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 100
  • title.gif
    title.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 94
  • title.gif
    title.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 93
it's one of the worst game on the Genny...with Altered Beast...

the japanese version is (a little) more interesting...

it's like Black Belt on the SMS : hokuto no ken on jap (with explosing guys) and a little karateka man (with 'flying guys') otherseas...

i laught when i see the price HnK is sold on eBay ;)

I remember renting this out once and deciding it was one of the worst games I'd ever played. And I was much easier to please in those days :p

Then again, I can't stand Altered Beast, but many seem to regard it as something of a classic so what the hell do I know.

I played Last Battle a lot of years ago (my cousins bought it because it was cheap) and thanks to emulators I have played the Japanese version. This version is better because all the names are the same as in the manga but it has the same problems: some bosses are quite difficult and the stages with laberynths are repetitive and boring. In terms of graphics and sound it is not very good but I have seen a lot of worst games.

I remember having a choice of buying Strider or Last Battle.....errrr......Last Battle it was......still haunts me today.... :damn:

Haha, although not an insanely great game, I have enjoyed it many-a-time over the years. Very hard game IMO, specially the bosses. I like the Jap version better because of the blood and stuff, makes it kinda cool to play. For those of you who dont get altered beast should be shot, haha, j/k. I REALLY like Altered Beast and I thnk everyone should sit down and play it through. I think the ppl who dont like it/understand it are the ones who never really played it. Sit down and play it till you beat it, then tell me it was a horrible game.

Either way, Last Battle was a great game when I was younger, no so much now (dont have the patience to master it again). I would reccomend this game to ppl just to atleast try out.

Back