last track of the Saturn disc

Is the same of dreamcast part of the disc is accesible and other not.

But what is the information that Saturn laser read in the last track. Is the question.

Someone know what is it or When begin the track.

The idea is. If qe know when & what we can added at the final and Saturn don't know that's is a pirate game
tongue.gif

(I'm spanish sorry if something is bad)

Originally posted by BlasterN@Nov. 12 2002, 11:42 pm

But what is the information that Saturn laser read in the last track. Is the question.

Someone know what is it or When begin the track.

The idea is. If qe know when & what we can added at the final and Saturn don't know that's is a pirate game
tongue.gif

No one knows what data the security ring contains.

No one knows how you would read it.

No one knows how you would write it back on a CDR.

This idea is as old as the hills, yet no one has made any progress with it. However, don't let that stop you.
smile.gif

The highest LBA sector of normal dics (70 min) is 358500

And all games in Saturn never pass 640. So... the ring is over LBA 345000 more o less.

Now I tried to do a Assmabler program to read the part. In 7 days i hope to read something.

Post the max size in a Saturn game that you ever see.

Download the "Disc Format Standards Specification Sheet", it should have the info you need.

However:

The security ring is not meant to be read by CD-ROM drives.

The Saturn can't read the contents of the security ring, only verify that it exists and is correct (based on the patent).

The verification of the security ring is optical and possibly there is no machine-readable data there (again based on the patent).

You cannot directly access the CD subsystem of the Saturn.

AFAIK, the Saturn security ring is not in any way related to the Dreamcast's GD-ROM format.

I konw that yamaha have a writer that "BURN" the cd.

I explain. The object is to do a paint in the surface.

My idea is use this writer to emule the impression of Saturn.

If you scrach the surface os the ring in a normal cd. The saturn make a several time to know that is not the original. That more important than what is the information is the form.

As someone said.... Topic's come and go in waves!.... I can't remember where I've read this... but I can assure it was on a sx forum...

Saturn fans should be the most creative console fans... have u counted up how many solutions people try to make possible running backups without a special modification...

well... I also have some theories... no.. nevermind... well.. Just forget it!! The modboard already does that...

You get back to us once you've actually been able to read the data from the security ring and then maybe someone will actually take you seriously.

It's a great idea, but that's all it is.

yeah Barracuda, you read that on the thread about this guy wanting to cut up a Saturn sampler disc and sticking the outer part of it to a burned game
smile.gif

but I agree....all this back-and-forth... PLEEZE... someone do it already and give us some actual results before we'll all have 100% compatible, full-speed Saturn emulators running on our 10GHz PCs
tongue.gif

I don't read Spanish, but I can work out what it is saying.

It's really wierd the idea that different games would have different requirements. Are they using high level emulation and PD Zwei requires more of the system emulated than Golden Axe: The Duel, or is that taking into consideration future improvements in the emulator? Also, what was the source for this story? I couldn't see one on the page.

I am sceptical, but as always, would be more than happy to be proven wrong.
smile.gif

BTW if Saturn emulation is just around the corner, who gives a damn about reading the security ring anyway? ???

Originally posted by mal@Nov. 16 2002, 2:03 pm

It's really wierd the idea that different games would have different requirements.

Any hardware feature that isn't used won't have to be emulated. Of course, high-level emulation could also significantly reduce hardware requirements. Anywhoo, we'll see it if it ever happens, and judging by the hardware requirements, it'll take a couple of years yet.

I kind of assumed it would be HLE because of the low system requirements. P3 1GHz and 32MB ram?
ohmy.gif

I'd still like to know the source for that article too...

Back