latest/best patches for Satiator

I couldn't find this in the forum search so if this is already a live thread please direct me there and delete this...

Does anyone know what the most up-to-date combination of software is for Satiator and pseudo saturn Kai in concert? I've tried rings in the past but some games just didnt work (like diehard arcade) that worked fine with bone stock satiator menu and then some games have issues on either menu like Marvel vs street fighter freezing on starting a match but that can play just fine on a burned CD-R and pseudo saturn...so basically is there anyone updating the software for better compatibility or functionality? what's the best combination both to load on satiator and to flash to cartridge? I feel like I haven't seen anything new for over a year so hopefully someone knows something?

Does anyone know what the most up-to-date combination of software is for Satiator and pseudo saturn Kai in concert?
Satiator Menu Kai doesn't require any special firmware for Action Replay carts, so the current recommendation is to erase the AR firmware using the official menu as described here. Next version of Pseudo Saturn Kai (installed on cartridge) will automatically boot into Satiator if this device is detected, but holding the A button at system boot will suppress this behaviour and proceed to PSK.

some games have issues on either menu like Marvel vs street fighter freezing on starting a match but that can play just fine on a burned CD-R and pseudo saturn
Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter was fixed a while ago.

Satiator Menu Kai doesn't require any special firmware for Action Replay carts, so the current recommendation is to erase the AR firmware using the official menu as described here. Next version of Pseudo Saturn Kai (installed on cartridge) will automatically boot into Satiator if this device is detected, but holding the A button at system boot will suppress this behaviour and proceed to PSK.

Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter was fixed a while ago.
I will retry MSH v SF today but I already have fw160 installed and was still freezing upon starting a match last time I tried and I don't think I've updated fw since then...

As for AR...I don't know if I technically have a true AR as I have the all in one with the 3 way switch on top for 4M/1M/save and it's not BRANDED as AR but I believe it's based on AR. Anyway it appears that pskai_release_20240114.7z has prohibitions on using on anything except:

"For now, Pseudo Saturn Kai firmwares for boot cartridges (e.g. Action Replay) do
not support Satiator, so please use Satiator Menu Kai in combination with:
- official 1MB/4MB expansion RAM cartridge
- official backup memory cartridge
- boot cartridge with its firmware erased"

I am worried if I erase my AR I will lose my 1M/4m capability in addition to it basically not working at all...has anyone else had any experience with my configuration?

Back