Legacy Of Kain The Blood Omen

Crystal Dynamics finished developing the game for both saturn and playstation, but decided not to publish it. Activision bought the publishing rights and released only for playstation. Hey can anyone find this?

how would one find a "beta"? who's dick do people have to suck in order to get a beta of resident evil 2 for saturn? :p

Originally posted by Piratero@Thu, 2005-03-10 @ 03:57 AM

how would one find a "beta"? who's dick do people have to suck in order to get a beta of resident evil 2 for saturn? :p

[post=131158]Quoted post[/post]​

:huh :huh: :blink:

it was a joke (a bad joke, really) -- i remember a long time ago that capcom was making the sequel to resident evil on the saturn but later moved it to the playstation. i got that joke from jackass the movie. well i thought it was funny :cool:

Capcom was going to port RE2 to the Saturn, after the PSX port was done, but went against it, due to the Saturn's status in the states.

they still of should of have released it for saturn (for japan and possibly europe). the bastards! :slap

Yeah. It really blows.

It was also rumored to have had to use the RAM cart (required), but it didn't need the RAM cart.

not true theres nothing in resident evil 2 that couldnt have been done on the staturn without the ram cart. it was canceled bcause halfway through development of re2 they scraped the game for both platforms but by the time they would have rebuilt it from the ground up the saturn would already be dead

Nothing except high polycount characters (for the time) and smooth FMV. The characters probably could have been improved somewhat vs. those in Saturn RE, but I don't think Capcom would have been able to rival AM2's skill in making the Saturn do nice 3d. Had the game been released, it would have been just another thing for PSX fanboys to hang over our heads, IMO.

the character poly count could have been equaled on saturn no problem as even third party developers could get enough polys moving around and as only the colision detection polys have to be done for the enviroment there are lots freed up for characters as for fmv the saturn never had a problems with full screen video as the software video compression equals what the psx does with a hardware decoder

It's not a matter of the Saturn not being able to do it. It was a matter of Capcom not being able to do it...

I don't go too much with the excuse of RE "1.5" being scrapped mid-development. I find it hard to belive they rewrote the graphics engine for RE 2.

At most, the original level design was being hold back by the limitations (model and polygon count) of their Saturn build, and they scrapped it to re-do the game as they intended.

See, the differences between both RE1 versions are very clear, specially when it comes to lighting. Capcom's 3D skills were very limited at the time, and getting the same performance and quality out form the Saturn was much more demanding.

resident evil was done for the saturn. i seriously don't think that the problem with capcom and resident evil 2 on the saturn was because of hardware skills but rather than the sales they got in the united states and europe. i think they worried more about the sales in the united states and europe because of it's big influence in the gaming industry. keep in mind that what i just said above could be total horse shit.

Back