Leisure suit larry

Gallstaff

Established Member
I was just lookin through seirra's web site and i noticed a game called leisure suit larry. Now, i want to know, is there anyplace i can download the OLD 1987 version of leisure suit larry? the text-based one. this wouldn't really be warez cause i KNOW it's freeware now. I saw it to download for fee on a non-warez site. so anyone know where i can get it?

this wouldn't really be warez cause i KNOW it's freeware now

If it's freeware, why isn't it on their site? If you're assuming that the copyright's expired, think again - thanks to the various extensions that have been passed over the last 60 years or so, your kids will have moved out of the house (and, depending on the variables, *their* kids might have moved out of the house) by the time the copyright on pretty much any video game expires.

I got a free AT&T phone card off AT&T but that's because i worked for them a few years ago.(note i once worked for a bunch of commies i'm not going to state who they were but i only worked for 2 people and the masson i worked for wasn't a commie)

hehe

i actually purchased leisure suit larry 1: lounge lizards. too bad it won;t run on any of my computers any more. at least, from my 95-running 486 and on, unless i run in dos mode or emulated dos.

anyway, it would be illegal to copy and upload leisure suit larry 1...but the same goes for most sega cd/saturn games. right?

Quote: from eatpenguin on 4:19 pm on Feb. 25, 2002

anyway, it would be illegal to copy and upload leisure suit larry 1...but the same goes for most sega cd/saturn games. right?
Right you are.

There are ways around that. :)

Here is a hint....

Educational/Archival/research :)

Basically, those old games will either have two modes of thought. Some companies don't care, while others do. Sega doesn't really seem to care about Emulation or Roms, as far as I've heard atleast...while Nintendo does. It's no differant than ebay or buying something at a garage sale, except you aren't paying money...well you are (internet fees) but that'd be like the price of gas to get to the garage sale.

Quote: from Gallstaff on 12:07 pm on Feb. 25, 2002

I saw it to download for fee on a non-warez site. so anyone know where i can get it?

How about getting it from there?

[edit] In the six minutes since I posted this I've found it and downloaded it. It is out there...

(Edited by mal at 9:24 am on Feb. 26, 2002)

well the reason i didn't is because it's the cga... i want the vga. the point and click. Which one did you find... AND WHERE DID YOU FIND IT?!

Quote: from Gallstaff on 12:11 pm on Feb. 26, 2002

well the reason i didn't is because it's the cga... i want the vga. the point and click. Which one did you find... AND WHERE DID YOU FIND IT?!

It is the VGA version.

Where to find it? Google is your friend.

u know what

i just found leisure suit larry 1,2,3,5,6,7 (7 being the only >100mb one) within minutes, without even trying. it's not that hard to find.

after awhile alot of software companies make old versions of thier software free/shareware because 1 thier tired of suppoerting it or 2 there halfway nice

they arnt required to do this though .

Back