Lets try this again...

Okay I really need an answer to this. Can you put multiple saturn games on one CD, or a bunch on a DVD, and have them work on the saturn? And how would it work, would you make like a menu and then pick the different games on the CD? If anyone knows how, please share your knowledge. Thanks.

Well definitely not on a DVD because the Saturn's laser can't read DVD. You could possibly combine two games like that on one cd, but I don't see the point (nor do I have any idea how to do that).

It should be possible, but it would take some work. You'd need to

1) Code the menu program.

2) Go through the games you want to combine and make sure that there are no filename conflicts (or, if there are, that the files are identical - this might happen with SGL sound drivers or DSP code for instance).

3) If there are filename conflicts, changing the filename will require you to hexedit the references in the game program.

4) If more than one of the games uses CDDA, the tracks will be wrong for all but one of them. It might be possible to track down the SGL/SBL calls (or in custom code, the CD block command register accesses) and edit those, but that would require a little more than a basic search and replace operation.

5) If the game depends on sector location or sequence of files in the filesystem, you'll need to have lots of fun straightening that out. :hehehe:

6) Remaster the ISO and insert the menu program as the first file (this can be done e.g. with mkisofs using a map file)

7) Pop it into your Saturn and watch it crash for some damn reason that I forgot to list here. <_<

They have HK Silvers which have multi-games on one disk. They usually do stuff like remove the video for all the games except for the "Main" one they want to sell the disk as, and the other games usually are smaller and use stuff for music like MIDI's or some kind of non CDDA thing.

It's definitely possible. Code a boot loader using FLD functions. It even let's you select what track number each binary will start from. Read up on the docs, or get VBT to release his bootloader code.

Edit: Making the cue sheet will not be fun.

The demo loader doesn't appear to do anything to adjust audio track access, and games that bypass the file system would cause trouble.

Originally posted by antime@Jun 20, 2004 @ 12:20 AM

The demo loader doesn't appear to do anything to adjust audio track access, and games that bypass the file system would cause trouble.

About the boot loader I managed to make working there was some restrictions :
  • A game must have the same start address
  • It mustn't use a part of the LOW-RAM
  • The IP.bin doesn't have to include a specific object
About the audio track access, I'm sure there was a parameter to specify the starting audio track for each game but I forced it to the first audio track.

Back