vbt

Staff member
I didn't check all my games but here are the first I can tell :

- Nights : Some wallpapers

- Fanta Step : Some wallpapers

- Thunder Force V : Some Wallpapers

- Pocket Fighters : A screen saver

Feel free to complete the list :)

I'm pretty sure Fighting Vipers has some extras on the disc. Wallpapers if I remember.

I can check later if I remember, heh.

Dead or Alive (wallpapers, psx ver had more though)

Keio Yuugekitai Okiraku Tamatebako (random pics)

Madou Monogatari (character pics)

Segata Sanshiro Shinkenyugi has a txt files explaining the game modes, don't remember if its labeled as omake or not.

I'm pretty sure Radiant Silvergun has a couple backgrounds on the disc.

Also, I'm pretty sure "omake" isn't properly spelled with a zero. ;)

Japanese version of Last Bronx came with an extra cd that contains extra material: The Last Bronx Kyooshitsu (classroom), Doujou (training center), and Self-introduction Corner.

Alot of japanese dating/adv games also came with music cds with singles from crappy jpop singers:)

ExCyber said:

Yes you're right, buy me glasses :)

Ninja Jajamaru got two txt files and 19 cpk videos in the omake folder.

7 wallpapers 1 the extra folder of Planet Jocker

2 screensavers in Puyo Puyo dungeon :D

ExCyber said:
I'm pretty sure Radiant Silvergun has a couple backgrounds on the disc.

ah, yeah. also character artwork, and the full game script in a doc.

for what it's worth, i went through the complete us region saturn games and demos and looked around each cd and here's what i came up with (sadly this is it):

Obvious Extras:

Burning Rangers - Wavs and wallpaper

Christmas Nights - Wallpaper

Nights into Dreams - Wallpaper

Sonic Jam - Wallpaper

Ten Pin Alley - The bible is in the /Readme and wallpaper and random art in /Bonus

Three Dirty Dwarves - /Secret has wallpapers ?

Of course most games contain cinipak videos, cdda, and some random audio formats but nothing really special.

Anywho, that's what I ran across, if anyone wants to check their three dirty dwarves disc and tell me what those 3 pictures are please do :) they're 3 320x224 bmp's of each dwarf, and also in the folder is a secret.txt that says "it's a secret"

*shrugs*

Yeah, the King James bible on Ten Pin Alley CD :D

For TDD, I don't find any secrets on these pictures, just some not so useful infos. (?)

yeah. agreed. it was just something odd worth mentioning. I think the only thing i have left that i really want to document are games supporting vertical/horizontal and wide-screen support. shouldn't be more then a handful but will be more then a pain to test with emulators

Exactly, no easy way to know which ones support wide-screen, else it will be an info I will certainly put on my Db. I also can't test them on my TV as I don't have a wide-screen/16:9/HD/... TV.

well, ssf auto-recognized (?) the aspect ratio and adjust accordingly. From my initial testing, nights and xmas night, along with high velocity boot the bios in 4:3, and then the screen expands to 16:9 automatically from the sega logo on.

but.. this requires booting up and starting all 247 games. From my initial results this morning running through the first 50 games, here's what i've come up with:

Batman Forever - The Arcade Game (? - error is in wide screen)

Battle Arena Toshinden Remix

Battle Arena Toshinden URA

Burning Rangers

Clockwork Knight

Clockwork Knight 2

Command & Conquer

Croc - Legend of the Gobbos (? - widescreen, but can't go in-game)

also it would be helpful for others to try on actual hardware. in emulation, if i start the widescreen game, and tick "enforce ascept ratio" it goes back to 4:3, but i dont know if that's the games normal resolution or if it's enforcing my monitor's 4:3 resolution.

Anywho, someone check them out and let me know :) i;'ll keep testing away

Here's my current list of things:

Obvious Extras:

Burning Rangers - Wavs and wallpaper

Christmas Nights - Wallpaper

Nights into Dreams - Wallpaper

Sonic Jam - Wallpaper

Ten Pin Alley - The King James bible is in the /Readme and wallpaper in /Bonus

Widescreen Support:

Batman Forever - The Arcade Game (?)

Battle Arena Toshinden Remix

Battle Arena Toshinden URA

Burning Rangers

Clockwork Knight

Clockwork Knight 2

Command & Conquer

Croc - Legend of the Gobbos (?)

Cyberia

Darklight Conflict

Daytona USA

Daytona USA Championship Circuit Edition

Enemy Zero

Fighters Megamix

Fighting Vipers

Vertical/Horizontal Support:

Galactic Attack - Set to "arcade mode"

Also, with the widescreen support, i think actual hardware verification will be required to make sure SSF isn't improperly settings the resolution. SSF shows some games as4:3, 16:9, and some are a "bigger" 4:3.

So if anyone wants to chime in that would be great since i dont have a saturn anymore :)

Those are all actual 16:9 ratio, and not just widened 4:3? I'm surprised anyone even had widescreen TVs back in the mid 90s. I'm assuming you have to use a VGA mod or something? The Saturn couldn't auto-detect through RCA or S-video.

Anarchy in the Nippon :

2 folders :

Pictures : 16M & 256 colors bitmaps

Message : Message from the developers, contains a html page with gifs and a readme

scott21 said:
well, ssf auto-recognized (?) the aspect ratio and adjust accordingly.

You are confusing widescreen with 352x resolution mode. Saturn games can use both 320 and 352 pixel horizontal resolutions.

Theres an option in SSF called "enforce aspect ratio" which tries scaling the screen to 4:3 in windows mode, regardless of resolution mode used. (makes no difference in fullscreen since it will just change resolutions on the monitor instead of scaling).

352 or 704 horizontal mode is used on a ton of games - the complete Virtua Fighter family, literally all Capcom CPS2 arcade port, Radiant Silvergun, and many, many others. You can pretty much go and check emulator screenshots to make a list out of these. (I should've made notes when I was doing the compatibility list for SSF, then I could post a list of 200+ games complete with what resolution they use, including 320/352 and pal fullscreen)

But, on a TV, all of these games were still displayed in 4:3.

Only a few games had actual optional widescreen modes, the two I remember are Nights and Panzer Dragoon Zwei. Both of them just used a wider camera angle to fit more stuff in the screen, losing some detail in the process since it was still running in the same resolution.

Back