List of your favorite quotes

My 'grandpe' died last tuesday. I flew up to Connecticut for the funeral. Yesterday morning was the service and everyone was giving a eulogy of some sort and my little brother stood up.

Now understand my brother is not well liked by my family. When he stood the people in the crowd begin whispering amongst themselves "oh dear, oh my, who is letting him go up there, NO, Dylan stop that kid now!" I wasn't gonna stop him though. I wanted to see what would happen.

My brother gave one of the greatest eulogies I could imagine for one of the greatest men I have ever known. That being my grampe' Otto. One line from said eulogy I have added to my signature because of how proud I am of my lil' bro for the great words of praise he said. That and any other part of the eulogy yall wouldn't understand why it is praise... you'd probably consider it cruel, but it's hard to understand how we work.

"Everyone thinks their father is the strongest man in the world. This man is the strongest man in the world to my father. That makes my 'grandpe' a GOD to me."

-thanks bro, it brought a tear to my eye even now

click to enlarge

Heh, nice one. I'm glad your brother was able to get up and speak his mind. Sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like you loved your grandfather very much. At least it sounds like he got a fitting farewell.

Also, beautiful photograph, btw.

This thread needs to come back, I miss it. Just some quotes related to what I've been thinking about lately and before you jump all over me for having a Hitler quote in there, why don't you think about it for two seconds, about what I'm trying to say.

"An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our Homeland." - Adolf Hitler

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams

"Those who trade freedom for security do not have nor deserve either" - Thomas Jefferson

"Liberty and ignorance cannot coexist" - Thomas Jefferson

"All men having power ought to be mistrusted." - James Madison

"If men were angels, no government would be necessary." - James Madison

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." - James Madison

Back