List of your favorite quotes

Some quotes from my favorite PC game Baldur's Gate.

"Feel the burning stare of my HAMSTER and change your ways!" -Minsc

"Minsc- Yes! Lead evil by example, and one day we need no longer put the boots to those that stray off the path of goodness into the muck and bile of villainy and track great bloody footprints across our lily white tiles! Boo will have clean wood shavings you evil bastards!"

Tanamoril- Ooooh kaaaay."

"We must inspire fear in evil! Quiet tales of hamsters are foolish, but a man and his hamster that tear evil limb from limb? That's scary!" -Minsc

"Tiax- You have disturbed Tiax the Grand again! Such insolence! Tiax will place a mark of shame upon your forehead! All will know your treachery! (casts)

Tiax- Eh... it would appear that... the great and... mighty Tiax... has shrunk his undergarments... three sizes this day.

Tiax- Excuse... the mighty Tiax... while he catches his... his breath... He will rule... later.

Tiax- When Tiax rules, britches will not ride up so wedge-like."

I have some very poignant quotes from the movie Ghostbusters that I think everyone will enjoy:

Close -- but definitely wrong. - Venkman, Ghostbusters

Spengler and I have charted every psychic occurrence in the Tri-State area for the past two years. The graph we came up with definitely points to something big. - Stantz, Ghostbusters

It's moving! - Spengler, Ghostbusters

I told you it's real. - Stantz, Ghostbusters

Okay... - Stantz, Ghostbusters

"Get her?" That was your whole plan? You call that science? - Venkman, Ghostbusters

We're all professionals here - Venkman, Ghostbusters

EEEEEEEEY!!!! GHOSTBUSTERS!!!!

dud rocks like a fox in a box that talks about clocks going tick tock and can walk so they stalk.... really cute girls. Yeah I ran out of words.

heres a quote

"You won't think ignorance is bliss after I kick you in the nuts!"

mountaindud: don't forget

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist." -- Peter Venkman

"Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes!" -- Winston Zeddemore

:cool:

"On way to concert I'm should of collected photo, but small, fat, bald technologist be insane!" Boris of Prague... c/o Henry Rollins

This is one of my fav quotes off of Henry Rollins: Live at the Westbeth Theater . It is part of a story he tells about a man who sends him a letter from Prague.

One of my favorite exchanges was between John Candy (Buck) and Macaulay Culkin (Miles) in 'Uncle Buck':

Miles: Where do you live?

Buck: In the city.

Miles: You have a house?

Buck: Apartment.

Miles: Own or rent?

Buck: Rent.

Miles: What do you do for a living?

Buck: Lots of things.

Miles: Where's your office?

Buck: I don't have one.

Miles: How come?

Buck: I don't need one.

Miles: Where's your wife?

Buck: Don't have one.

Buck: It's a long story.

Miles: You have kids?

Buck: No I don't.

Buck: It's an even longer story.

Miles: Are you my Dad's brother?

Buck: What's your record for consecutive questions asked?

Miles: 38.

Buck: I'm your Dad's brother alright.

Miles: You have much more hair in your nose than my Dad.

Buck: How nice of you to notice.

Miles: I'm a kid - that's my job.

zwintro.gif

"But just because the odds are against us, doesn't mean we should give up fighting and let them do whatever they want to us now does it? The important thing is to know what we're fighting for. That's why I'm going out there. Of course, I'd rather not fight if I could help it. But there's some things you can't protect without fighting." - Kira Yamato, Gundam SEED PHASE-40: Into The Dawn Skies

"Both of us completely understood what you meant. That there are things in this world that you want to protect, sometimes you gotta fight for them!" - Athrun Zala, Gundam SEED PHASE-40: Into The Dawn Skies

"Yzak, there's more to fighting a war than merely shooting guns." - Rau Le Creuset, Gundam SEED PHASE-40: Into The Dawn Skies

"She called me a soldier of ZAFT. She knew all along what would happen. I always thought you were supposed to follow the orders of your nation, and fight your enemy with all your strength. I believed that there was no way to bring a quick end to this war. But what is it we should really be fighting against? And how exactly are we supposed to do that?" - Athrun Zala, Gundam SEED PHASE-40: Into The Dawn Skies

"You can't fight in a war unless you believe in the cause your side is fighting for. Things aren't so simple when you turn that belief on its head." - Mu Laflaga, Gundam SEED PHASE-41: Trembling World

"While I was at ORB.. No, even before that in the PLANTS and on Earth. I thought about a lot of things that I had seen and heard. About what is right and what is wrong. What am I understanding and what am I not. I don't have the answers to these basic questions yet. But it's clear to me now that all of you people share the same hopes for this world that I do." - Athrun Zala, Gundam SEED PHASE-41: Trembling World

"War is really all about the conflicting ideas of different people. What is it one should be fighing against? Never lose sight of that." - Rau Le Creuset, Gundam SEED PHASE-41: Trembling World

Cloud, enough with the Gundam quotes! Goodness, this thread must have the transcript of an entire season of that show in it!

Anyway, I've always loved this part of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, but looking at it again it has to be one of the most poignant things I've ever heard. So everyone here stop reaching for that pie in the sky for a minute and read my quote courtesy of Artemio Urbina's awesome site junkerhq.net.

Colonel:

Raiden, you seem to think that our plan is one of censorship.

Raiden:

Are you telling me it's not!?

Rose:

You're being silly! What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

Raiden:

Create context?

Colonel:

The digital society furthers human flaws and selectively rewards development of convenient half-truths. Just look at the strange juxtapositions of morality around you.

Rose:

Billions spent on new weapons in order to humanely murder other humans.

Colonel:

Rights of criminals are given more respect than the privacy of their victims.

Rose:

Although there are people suffering in poverty, huge donations are made to protect endangered species. Everyone grows up being told the same thing.

Colonel:

Be nice to other people.

Rose:

But beat out the competition!

Colonel:

"You're special." "Believe in yourself and you will succeed."

Rose:

But it's obvious from the start that only a few can succeed...

Colonel:

You exercise your right to "freedom" and this is the result. All rhetoric to avoid conflict and protect each other from hurt. The untested truths spun by different interests continue to churn and accumulate in the sandbox of political correctness and value systems.

Rose:

Everyone withdraws into their own small gated community, afraid of a larger forum. They stay inside their little ponds, leaking whatever "truth" suits them into the growing cesspool of society at large.

Colonel:

The different cardinal truths neither clash nor mesh. No one is invalidated, but nobody is right.

Rose:

Not even natural selection can take place here. The world is being engulfed in "truth."

Colonel:

And this is the way the world ends. Not with a bang, but a whimper.

I am one of those kind of people who needs to know WHY! I can not fully grasp a concept until I know what did/may have drove a person to do such a thing. One of the reasons I like metric, it makes sense... where the standard system pulls this stupid 12 inches to a foot, and 3 feet to a yard and 5 thousand whatever ma butt feet in a mile.

Well binary had always sat funny in my head (also hex) until I read this.

Our base-10 number system likely grew up because we have 10 fingers, but if we happened to evolve to have eight fingers instead, we would probably have a base-8 number system.

Along with the explanation of base systems... helped me understand binary so much better.

(its not thousands place, hundreds place... but instead its 10^3 place, 10^2 place...)

"You guys like to tell jokes, kid around, and giggle, giggling like a bunch of young broads sitting in a school yard" - Joe Cabot, Reservoir Dogs

Originally posted by lordofduct@Tue, 2005-02-15 @ 12:08 AM

I am one of those kind of people who needs to know WHY! I can not fully grasp a concept until I know what did/may have drove a person to do such a thing. One of the reasons I like metric, it makes sense... where the standard system pulls this stupid 12 inches to a foot, and 3 feet to a yard and 5 thousand whatever ma butt feet in a mile.

[post=129739]Quoted post[/post]​

Did you know that three objects are indistinguishable from four objects at a glance? Just look at ancient numbering systems:

Arabic Roman Chinese

1 I 一

2 II 二

3 III 三

4 IV 四

The pattern of having one stroke for each value of what we call one, stops after the first three characters, because otherwise it would be too hard to read.

I am reviewing some girls from RU at the moment (for those who know me well). And I just grabbed some of my favorite "session descriptions" left by the girls themselves out of the last 10 archives I did.

DUYS, DON'T P*SS BY!!! SHE IS A FITNESS GIRL !!! JUST DROP IN HER ROOM TO MEET HER AND GET LIGHT ACQUAINTED!!!

New!!! Oh...I am so windmil.....do you can make me dutiful ? I think - if yes, but only for you

I am real kitty... Graceful, tender, playful... I walk down the roofs at night - all by myself!

DUD: heh, I never knew that... I always thought it was to save space seeing how roman numerals was such a space hog as it was! Then again I don't know chinese... and I still don't because I don't have the font!

Thats the kind of stuff I like learning about. It interests me a lot. It is also probably why I am interested in etymology so much too. My enjoyment in etymology started when I was really young and felt that the word tree was a crap word for the tree. I asked my mother why such a grand thing would have such a dainty name. And ever since I have been obsessed with learning where words come from... along with other things... I need to get to the root of things to understand them best. (pun not really intended, but then again kinda is.)

And one I found tonight... (2/15)

Lice suck hard cock.........

Be nice to other people.

But beat out the competition!

"You're special." "Believe in yourself and you will succeed."

You exercise your right to "freedom" and this is the result. All rhetoric to avoid conflict and protect each other from hurt. The untested truths spun by different interests continue to churn and accumulate in the sandbox of political correctness and value systems.

Everyone withdraws into their own small gated community, afraid of a larger forum.

They stay inside their little ponds, leaking whatever "truth" suits them into the growing cesspool of society at large.

The different cardinal truths neither clash nor mesh. No one is invalidated, but nobody is right.

Not even natural selection can take place here. The world is being engulfed in "truth."

And this is the way the world ends. Not with a bang, but a whimper.

Best description of the SX forums ever.

When has anyone ever said that you're free to do whatever you want at SX?

*sniff*

What is that smell?

*sniff*

Ah yes, it's a troll. :blah

Originally posted by Des-ROW+Wed, 2005-02-16 @ 12:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Des-ROW @ Wed, 2005-02-16 @ 12:51 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Best description of the SX forums ever.

[post=129800]Quoted post[/post]​

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-mal
@Wed, 2005-02-16 @ 04:48 PM

When has anyone ever said that you're free to do whatever you want at SX?

*sniff*

What is that smell?

*sniff*

Ah yes, it's a troll. :blah

[post=129829]Quoted post[/post]​

[/quote]

Trolling, yes. Totally incorrect, no. That quote reminds me most of the ex-flower child teachers I had growing up. Picture schools where every teacher is Mr VanDreesen (sp?) from Beavis & Butt-head. But I've noticed that mentality hear on occasion as well, and that was also part of what I was getting at. At any rate, I see no reason to discuss further, we have enough petty arguments here without me starting stuff. Let's just drop it.

I read this on an email I received the other day...

<xterm> The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

bash.org

Just so no one thinks I'm having a swipe at the US, here's another one I was sent recently.

<_kr4m3r> so many fucking criminals, its bullshit

<foniks`> heh, if we sent all the criminals to some empty continent and just left them there to die

<foniks`> and showed up like 50yrs later like, "sup?"

<foniks`> whatd u think they'd say?

<FoSZoR[bg]> something along the lines of, "G`Day mate"

bash.org

Back