little help with SMS emulator for saturn :(

Well, I think the developer was a little short sited when he choose the iso format. I have not got 1 program that burns a .img file and the only one I could find was easy CD creator 5. Which I do not want to install.

Can someone please advise me on how to make it a .bin, or .iso file.

I don't understand what's your problem. If you have downloaded SMS Emu version 2

you only have to run mk.bat and it will create a .ISO file.

NB : you have to modify Satclays.cti content in order to have the right path for each file you want to add in the ISO.

no, it doesn't. If you are reading the readme file it is misleading. It says it creates a sonic.iso file, when it accually creates a sonic.img file. which are 2 toatly differen't image formats, and no other program but Easy CD creator is able to burn it. I can't even use satcconv to convert the game to Euro format.

All i asked was if someone could advise a way to convert a .img file to .iso or .bin. I didn't gt any errors during the making of the image, so I belive i haven't done anything wrong.

Originally posted by SilentSnipeR@Sep. 08 2002, 9:40 pm

no, it doesn't. If you are reading the readme file it is misleading. It says it creates a sonic.iso file, when it accually creates a sonic.img file. which are 2 toatly differen't image formats, and no other program but Easy CD creator is able to burn it. I can't even use satcconv to convert the game to Euro format.

All i asked was if someone could advise a way to convert a .img file to .iso or .bin. I didn't gt any errors during the making of the image, so I belive i haven't done anything wrong.

iso buster handles img files.as does CDmage.

and i think both can convert to other formats,i.e iso.

your best off with CDmage.if i remember right,it can convert anything to anything.

also when you said no other program can burn an img,well i looked at the file types in isobuster,and according to that,clonecd uses that file type.maybe you can use that burning program.

Originally posted by lupas@Sep. 09 2002, 3:05 pm

You're best off with CDmage. If I remember right, it can convert anything to anything.

CDmage can extract data and audio tracks from any format (I think) and the latest beta can also save from anything to bin/cue.

Eh? The build process generates an image in BUILDCD format (SN Systems proprietary format?) and then STRIPISO converts it into a standard ISO track. What is the problem here?

Also, the file extension doesn't always reflect the format and/or contents of a file. This is especially true with DOS-standard three-letter extensions.

none of those programs worked
sad.gif

And the only format I can find supported in CloneCD is .ccd.

me thinks I have to download easy cd creator to burn it
sad.gif

Originally posted by antime@Sep. 09 2002, 2:44 am

Eh? The build process generates an image in BUILDCD format (SN Systems proprietary format?) and then STRIPISO converts it into a standard ISO track. What is the problem here?

Also, the file extension doesn't always reflect the format and/or contents of a file. This is especially true with DOS-standard three-letter extensions.

found out what it is. Strip ISO is incompatible with WinXP.

Odd since I never got an error message. Only when I opened the file by itself i get a general protection fault.

Whose project is\was this btw? And is it over going to be updated? I heard that it only runs about 40% the speed of a real sms.

Back