Looking for a Dreamcast VGA adapter

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a VGA adapter for my dreamcast. Any suggestions? Also, which one is the best to get, and where on the net can I find one? Thanks.

BTW...are there other good VGA adapters for different consoles? I once saw a VGA adapter for the PS2, but didn't know if it was any good.

I have the Treamcast, can't go wrong, fairly cheap and gets the job done....I don't remember there being any problems with any of em...but the Treamcast one seems to be the one thats easiest to find....

DC VGA boxes (which are TRUE VGA boxes BTW) are all esentially just complicated looking cables. The simply pass through the VGA signal to the monitor. As for quality they are all pretty much the same with no real diffrences between them.

ANY VGA box for another console is NOT A TRUE VGA BOX. No other console other than the DC can output a pure VGA signal. (The Gamecube may be able to through it's digital video port, but there is no cable for it yet.) All VGA boxes for consoles other than DC are simply scan doublers. They just take the regular RGB signal that all consoles output, double the horizontal refresh and then output that. The quality on them is NOWHERE near as good as what the DC can do.

dc thru vga is amazing for the most part. i just wish i scored one with pass thru. unhooking it whenever i wanna use my pc sucks

I had a vga adapter. But sadly my monitor was screwed and very dark. So i could only play games on a dark screen. Now though i have no VGA or games that support it except maybe 1 or 2. Its a very cool device though.

all games unoffically support it. just keep it turned off untul after the game boots and whoila. instant vga for 99% of the dc games.

all games unoffically support it. just keep it turned off untul after the game boots and whoila. instant vga for 99% of the dc games.

I only know of one "non-VGA" game for which that trick actually works without problems (NFL Blitz). I know of 3 that either don't work at all or have significant bugs (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, King of Fighters Dream Match '99, and Bakuretsu Muteki Bangaiou).

No other console other than the DC can output a pure VGA signal. (The Gamecube may be able to through it's digital video port, but there is no cable for it yet.)

Xbox can also, but it requires a BIOS patch to set up the video encoder. After all, Xbox Is Not A PC(tm).

you need to be playing better games my friend
biggrin.gif
thats funny, ive never had problems getting all ym games to work. btw im using the naki vga adapter.

I have the offical VGA box and no complaints, very nice looking indeed. Although Treamcast VGA is cheap and easy to find. Good luck!

I have seen some at some local gamestops and funcolands, every once in a while... you may wanna check there

Originally posted by keropi@Jul 15, 2003 @ 06:05 AM

Got mine (hais) from e-bay, very good :)

hi keropi

long time no see

i bought mine from here in Greece for 24 euro

greek:ti kaneis re keropi..o allos o xristos pou einai xamenos?

molis agorasa dreamcast k liwnw sto ikaruga

esy ti leei?

Back