Looking for a FAULTY 40gb Fujitsu HD

hey everyone im after a faulty fujitsu 40gb hd mine just died on me yesterday and i need to replace the circuit board on the bottom of it if any of u can help me plz get in touch thx

1. Are you even ABLE to just swap out the board? I don't know but it would strike me as a difficult job at first.

2. In reference to 1., wouldn't you rather have a WORKING Fujitsu drive to do this swap with?
tongue.gif

3. Why bother to begin with? Buy a new harddrive. Oh, let me guess, you have irreplaceable data and didn't back it up.... Well, I'll just not say anything, then. *sigh*

yup i have data on there i cant lose and yea its easy to switch the board on the bottom but it must b the same model number as mine and all 40gb fujitsu drives have the same board so if i switch the board all will b good and a faulty one will b cheaper to buy if the faulty one only has bad sectors ill be able to use the board on the bottom to fix mine hope that answered your question
smile.gif

Yea you can do that no problem but the thing is you dont know if the other faulty hard drives motherboard was the problem either
sad.gif

Have you contacted Fujitsu? They might be able to repair the drive. Might not be cheap though; then again it might also be free if your drive is under warranty.

And Taelon is right. Next time back up your files. Unfortunately it usually takes a tragic accident like this to nail that point home.
sad.gif
Anyway, good luck.

Meyitzo, check this out. Or this (damned hot seller btw, she put a pic of herself on the auction page... heh). Hurry, though, both auctions have about 1-1/2 days left as of the time of posting this.

thx Taelon but she ships to US only and im uk
sad.gif
yea i can send it back to fujitsu but they say they will send me a new drive of fix that one but when i get it back it will be wiped which aint so good i probs shud just accept im not gonna get it back but im gonna keep on looking for a new circuit board

You mean to tell me they have no way of repairing it so that your data isn't wiped? Then what chance do you have of fixing it without wiping it? If all they're doing is fixing the drive then formatting it, can't you tell them not to format?

And if the data is THAT important I'm quite sure there are data recovery services around. But if it was THAT important I would think you'd probably have had it backed up already. It would probably cost a small fortune anyway.

Originally posted by Meyitzo@Apr 14, 2003 @ 09:44 AM

thx Taelon but she ships to US only and im uk
sad.gif

I didn't know you were in the UK. So try http://www.ebay.co.uk instead, then. Have you even asked the seller/sellers whether he/she/they would ship to the UK, though? Nothing is set in stone, and some sellers will gladly make arrangements. I mean, hey - I would think you'd be willing to explore every avenue to get your data back.

Originally posted by Taelon@Apr 13, 2003 @ 08:28 AM

Meyitzo, check this out. Or this (damned hot seller btw, she put a pic of herself on the auction page... heh). Hurry, though, both auctions have about 1-1/2 days left as of the time of posting this.

Not that its the brightest idea ever...but these auctions state that if the drive doesn't work it'll be replaced with one that does... why not win the auction, swaperooni the piece you need, then send the other stuff with the defective piece back and get a new free hard drive? Sorry...I'm evil.... but makes sense to me... then you fix your hard drive and get a new one too all at the cost of 1 hard drive. you can always email the seller asking if you add a couple of bucks whether or not she'll ship to the uk... I live in Canada and I get stuff all the time if its listed as 'continental us only', just email the seller politely.

Hope this helps.

---Ammut

Back