Looking for a good arcade hockey game...

I am a huge hockey fan and love playing the hockey games. But I would also like a good arcade-style one. All I am asking for is a Title of a good arcade hockey game. Preferably for Saturn, maybe the PC, and, if all else fails, another console. I am just looking for a flat-out fun hockey game. Any titles would be appreciated. Thanks.

There are several NHL games for the Saturn according to the "N" titles. Of course, I can't tell you which are good and which aren't as I have not played them before, nor do I have interests in hockey games.

I've neve played any Saturn Hockey Games, but NHL All star Hockey looks pretty good.

I personally like the NHL series from EA on Genesis
cool.gif

Originally posted by Random Hajile@May 20 2002,10:45

I've neve played any Saturn Hockey Games, but NHL All star Hockey looks pretty good.

I personally like the NHL series from EA on Genesis
cool.gif

Nothing beats an 80-0 shutout victory!
smile.gif

I have every single NHL game on that list except the first NHL Powerplay, I only have the newer 96 one, lol. I could have swore that NHL Breakaway was available for saturn. I'd like to get my hands on that one if possible. The rest of those games are more simulation than arcade. The best graphics goes to All Star 98, but the best gameplay goes to NHL 98. Thanks anyway

I love Rod Brind'Amour, my favorite player all time (I have a couple of items autographed by him). It's great to see him doing so well out in the Carolinas, but I wish he were back in Philly.

In any event, as far as arcade like goes, NHL98 for the PC is the only one, really. And I don't think EA intended it to be, but the speed of the game is ridiculous (but fun in it's own right).

All of the Saturn NHL games are lousy, they just are out and out awful. But that's just me.

Originally posted by MTXBlau@May 21 2002,11:44

I love Rod Brind'Amour, my favorite player all time (I have a couple of items autographed by him). It's great to see him doing so well out in the Carolinas, but I wish he were back in Philly.

Brind'Amour is my favorite player too! As if you couldn't tell from my name on this board
smile.gif
. But my favorite team is the Flyers. I would love to see him back in philly. He did so well here and is still doing well in Carolina. The Primeau trade isn't looking like a good deal for the Flyers at all. Primeau was supposed to provide more scoring. Ha! Brindy out-scored him, is a more complete player, and a much better playoff performer. In 1997, he lead the Flyers in playoff goals(13). Primeau has a grand total of 2 playoff goals with philly in two years. After Brindy signed that 6-year deal with Carolina, I gave up hope for his return. Oh well, I hope Brind'Amour wins the cup, or atleast goes to the finals.

By the way, I own an autographed puck by Brind'Amour and 2 Brind'Amour Jerseys(White and Black).

Originally posted by Hollywood Hasney@May 21 2002,13:55

I like NHL Open-Ice on PC... VERY arcadey

It's NBA Jam, but on ice
smile.gif

If you get a next-gen console though, NHL Hitz 2002 is freaking superb
biggrin.gif

NHL Open-Ice? I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks!

Back