Looking for games with uniqueness

Hello,

I always liked those games with uniqueness, especially those of the 90s, probably because that was "my time".

Nowadays I feel that all the rapid development in system requirements makes companies believe they could ignore the gameplay as long as the graphics/resolutions are great.

So my question is, if you could recommend any games which you would define as unique and which you will probably never forget.

3D, 2D, ...

action, adventure, jump&run, ...

70s, 80s, 90s, "10s"...

I don´t care as long as the game is (subjectively) unique !

"Grim Fandango"

There's also quite a few games you can run with the scumm emulator, two of which are free: Beneath a Steel Sky, and Flight of the Amazon Queen. Then of course there's Sam and Max, and Day of the Tentacle...

Though, there's a very good site dedicated to games of yesteryear, that may or may not of have gotten the attention of say Doom or Quake III:

http://www.the-underdogs.org/

Outstanding site. Make sure to check out the hall of fame.

ugh... not underdog... that place is LOADED with popups and spyware. I went there 2 or 3 years ago ans swore to never return!

I've been using Netscape/mozilla/firefox for however many years (since the 4.x days); I guess never noticed. :lol:

While a lot of companies have dropped the hammer on them hosting games, they have links to a ton of sites that sell some interesting (and old) titles.

After I posted here, I went back there a noticed their hall of belated fame has grown quite a bit. A *lot* of good titles (Beneath a Steel Sky was one of them). Well worth taking a look, pop-ups and spyware and all (though, I must say firefox's popup blocker never came on, so I don't know if that's still true, if it ever was).

If you want BoSS, just go to scummvm.org, I believe its available right on their download page.

When I was kid they had a commodore 64 at my cousins house. It's been so long since I've played it that I can't really say anything to it's uniqueness, but whenever we went over there, out of all the games they had for it the one I played the most had to be Ace of Aces

Back