Looking for GIANT Desktop Wallpaper

slinga

Established Member
Hey guys,

I'm looking for huge desktop wallpapers. I have a dual display setup, each monitor is 1280x1024. I guess I could take one huge one at 2560 x 1024, or two smaller ones broken up into left and right.

It would probably be hard to find one out there on the web...

BUT, you could make one... or someone else could for you. NOT ME, I have enough on my hands unless you want a simple black screen with SE on the left screen and GA on the right screen.

Actually that would be cool. DO IT! NOW!

How do you get 1 wallpaper to span two desktops? I can't seem to do it in Win2k - it just repeats the same image on each monitor. Is it an XP only feature?

I'm on linux. One option is to use the xinerama mode, which basically gives you one giant desktop. The mode I use called dual head I think. Basically I have two independent desktops (I can drag my mouse across both etc). I can set each wall paper individually if I want.

I think that sometimes features like this are specific to certain video cards and their drivers. My ati has this option, but some of my older cards didnt.

this is mine it's a little smaller 2048X1536 but i have many pics that i did that size i switch them up a lot as my backgrounds

Attachments

• bloodw2s.jpg
    bloodw2s.jpg
    875.8 KB · Views: 113
  • bloodw2s.jpg
    bloodw2s.jpg
    875.8 KB · Views: 110
  • bloodw2s.jpg
    bloodw2s.jpg
    875.8 KB · Views: 120
Back