Looking for Modchip Installer to recommend

racketboy

Established Member
I'm looking for some trustworthy individuals that would be interested in installing Sega Saturn modchips for a little extra income.

I had one person that I dealt with, but one person I referred them to said they weren't responding to emails.

So if you would like a little side money installing chips for strangers, let me know!

Thanks!

I've done a couple installs and have been following all the install information that pops up on the boards. I'll put in my application for the job.

Originally posted by King M@Tue, 2005-06-28 @ 05:25 AM

so uhh, i pm'd you, if you didnt notice already.

[post=135898]Quoted post[/post]​

Hehe yeah -- actually, I just replyed -- I had your PM open in a tab, I just kept forgeting to reply -- sorry 'bout that :)

racketboy, I would have no problem doing Saturn modchips. In fact, I do Xbox modchips in my spare time (which I got a great deal of seeing as I am on Summer Vacation right now), and they are more difficult then Saturn chips (not to say either are difficult). As well, I have installed a saturn modchip before, in the one I just recently sold (by the way, thanks again for informing people). Only thing is, I am in Canada.

Let me know.

Protosstic:

Will you be doing Model 1 Saturn modchip installs as well? The Model 2 install looks relatively easy. The Model 1 install looks pretty tough for us non-experts.

Assuming I can understand exactly what needs to be done to the Modchip to make it one on model 1's, SURE, no problem with that. It's funny, i had sold my model 1 a while ago, just recently got rid of my model 2, and now i may need another model 1 if i have to mod them :)

hrmm, how would this be set up??? I mean that is quite a pretty penny to pay to have a saturn shipped to someone to be modded.

But if people are willing to spend the money to ship it, I'll spend the couple minutes needed to mod it.

I am going to test out a model 1 hack mod soon, if it works out good I could do those too.

Also, region and 50/60hz can be done...

XBOX, PS2, PSX... never tried anything else. That don't mean I can't do it, just means I've taken the time to do them. Oh and I guess I should let Racketboy know I am in South Florida/West Palm area, but then I've NEVER seen anyone on SX from my area.

lordofduct@segaxtreme.net

I swear though, people should just sit down and try on there own... modding really isn't that hard when you atleast have the tools. Dang, when I first started years ago my soldering iron was literally a large sewing needle stuck in cork and fire... heh, when I was poor. the memories

Originally posted by lordofduct@Sat, 2005-07-02 @ 03:39 PM

hrmm, how would this be set up??? I mean that is quite a pretty penny to pay to have a saturn shipped to someone to be modded.

But if people are willing to spend the money to ship it, I'll spend the couple minutes needed to mod it.

I am going to test out a model 1 hack mod soon, if it works out good I could do those too.

Also, region and 50/60hz can be done...

lordofduct@segaxtreme.net

[post=136204]Quoted post[/post]​

Seeing as how I live in the high-tech Silicon Valley Bay Area of California, I'm hoping to get lucky and find someone located here who does Saturn mods. Saw a local guy who does PS2 and Xbox mods on craigslist (which I do not need though).

I guarantee if you brought a chip and a saturn with you the guy could be able to do it... the mod is very easy.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Mon, 2005-07-04 @ 05:56 AM

I guarantee if you brought a chip and a saturn with you the guy could be able to do it... the mod is very easy.

[post=136268]Quoted post[/post]​

Even on a model 1 Saturn like mine? I'm waiting for a step by step guide to be written for model 1 Saturns. Right now I'm only comfortable with Saturn experts to do the mod on a model 1 unit.

I'd do the mod myself if it was a model 2, even though I've never soldered anything before. No guts no glory, heh.

Back