Lord of the Rings

Ok, Im going to look into getting the LOTR trilogy. But I see that there is a DVD of the first in the series with footage cut from the first releases.

My question is do the other two also have a version released with the cut material included? If so is there a package that contains all three with the extra material?

I wanna know what the deal is before I buy.

The first two movies have extended versions that have been relased. The third one should come out in extended format this fall sometime. And at that time, they will probably have a huge box set containing the extended cut of all three.

The extended version of Return of the King is set to come out in November, supossedly running 5 hours long.

The complete Lord of the Rings set is supossed to come out next spring, with all three extended editions made into one movie, plus yet another 90 minutes or so added into it, for a complete runtime of 15 hours.

I wonder what the special extended edition of return of the king will have in it. Fellowship had those stone pilar book ends and two towers had a gollum figure.

Back