Lucas can't let his movies just die.

Mmmhh ... your link is about War of the Worlds, not Star Wars :p

edit : ok, that's better ;)

Lucas can do whatever he wants with his films, the only thing that annoys me is that he forces people to buy the new versions (the old ones will be withdrawn from stores, like he already did)

If you didn't buy the original films, you have to buy the new versions, you won't have the choice <_<

Anyway, I have the current dvd set, and I wont buy this one ;)

Originally posted by Runik@Fri, 2005-03-18 @ 02:53 PM

Mmmhh ... your link is about War of the Worlds, not Star Wars :p

edit : ok, that's better ;)

Lucas can do whatever he wants with his films, the only thing that annoys me is that he forces people to buy the new versions (the old ones will be withdrawn from stores, like he already did)

If you didn't buy the original films, you have to buy the new versions, you won't have the choice <_<

Anyway, I have the current dvd set, and I wont buy this one ;)

[post=131801]Quoted post[/post]​

I have to concede and say he actually CAN do what he wants with his movies, it' just annoying how the jackass has to change things to what HE thinks is for the better, and it's clearly not.

I mean come on, young Anakin at the end of the movies? No thanks. I'd rather my copy of the film not look IDIOTIC.

I didn't buy that DVD set, and I never will. I have the 'special' edition widescreen VHS movies, which blow ass anyway, but I have it.

There are a few Bit-Torrents out there for the LaserDisc THX Remastered Widescreen versions of the film, which is all I need/want.

I just need to download them when I have a chance. THOSE are what the movies should look like. I don't care about Jabba in Episode 4, and I don't WANT the idiotic Return of the Jedi that was turned into a damn musical.

Yeah shit head there can do what he wants with his movies...

But those other pricks have to stop massing with old classics (even though I dont like em' but they are still classics) like war of the worlds and king kong and the sort. Come on' im getting tired of these remakes. Do something of your own you hacks! The only remake I seriousily enjoyed was Kubricks "lolita" and the recent remake of "Alfie" (cause jude law is sooooo HOT. HEH, call me gay if you want. HE IS).

I even have low feelings about this remake of "Fahrenheit 451" coming out. Although the first one REALLY blew. I mean crap the first one didn't even have the spider dog. But then this new one doesn't either. The fire dog is gonna be 4 legged and all organic beast looking. GRRRRR!

Wow, ranting and raving. I should keep my opinions to my self.

Originally posted by PUNJABEE@Fri, 2005-03-18 @ 05:09 PM

I didn't buy that DVD set, and I never will. I have the 'special' edition widescreen VHS movies, which blow ass anyway, but I have it.

There are a few Bit-Torrents out there for the LaserDisc THX Remastered Widescreen versions of the film, which is all I need/want.

I don't have a VCR, I don't have a laserdisc player ... so the only way to watch these movies is the dvd set.

I'm not happy with the extra scenes and addons, but that's the only way I have to watch it (no, divX aren't good enough)

So I have the set, I won't buy the upcoming ones, and that's it. I prefer the original versions though ...

But at least Spielberg didn't touch the Indiana Jones series (I would have been a LOT more worried ;) )

It's just cause it's all he's got. He has to keep milking it forever, because when he stops, he won't be doing anything.

I hope this Battle Angel movie gets canned though, I can't see it being anything but a disgrace.

Not sure what you mean by Kubrick 'Lolita' remake, lord... he didn't do the remake. I found the remake enjoyable, but not as good as the original.

I also thought the remakes of Cape Fear and Dawn of the Dead were ok.

oh wow, i thought there was a lolita before kubricks.... heh. then thats an original, the only remake i somewhat liked then was Alfie.

Originally posted by Runik@Sat, 2005-03-19 @ 02:53 AM

I don't have a laserdisc player ...

I do and I'm going to do some LD conversions very, very soon. :D

I've downloaded a bunch of "original" version DVD-R images, but they've all been single layer and I want to go all out high bit rate dual layer. :drool:

Hmmm.... doesn't say he's changing anything this time, just making them into 3D. Hopefully, the 3D that isn't red and blue... I hated that part about Spy Kids 3D.

I hate this new Hollywood obsession with remaking and tweaking movies that are fine to begin with. The new Manchurian candidate being the worst remake so far IMO.

What's more disturbing is that they are trying to remake Japanese cinema Formulaic-Hollywood-Style. Did anyone else notice that Hideo Nakata is directing the American movie "The Ring 2"? They can't even rip-off movies themselves anymore! They have to bring in the director of the hit horror movies to make a piece of garbage version for us fat ass Americans who won't read subtitles.

Before long we're going to have Battle Royale featuring Haley Joel Osment, and Ichi the Killer starring Johnny Depp. Or what about a remake of Versus but with a love story? If Steven Spielberg makes a Zatoichi film starring Tom Cruise, I'm liable to go insane. It has to stop, before things get out of hand.

Heh, I doubt Battle Royale would make it past the censors here.

On a similar note, though, I saw an ad for the remake of 'The Office' and it looked absolutely terrible.

Originally posted by it290@Fri, 2005-03-18 @ 10:13 PM

Heh, I doubt Battle Royale would make it past the censors here.

On a similar note, though, I saw an ad for the remake of 'The Office' and it looked absolutely terrible.

[post=131842]Quoted post[/post]​

Considering that movies like Elephant have been made in the US, I see no reason why a dumbed doen Battle Royale isn't possible. The only reason a remake of it hasn't been considered is because Toei won't sell the rights to the film.

Yeah, but that's hardly the type of thing Hollywood proper would pick up.

Originally posted by it290@Fri, 2005-03-18 @ 11:05 PM

Yeah, but that's hardly the type of thing Hollywood proper would pick up.

[post=131847]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, I guess you are right.

Back