Lunar 2 Eternal Blue

i believe there were two versions released. one that used the mpeg cart or whatever that video cart was and one that doesnt. so one has smaller screened cimemas and one has near if not full screen ones. i would believe the cd number would change accordingly. i could be completely wrong tho.

Well, the playstation version had 3 CDs, so this one is likely the same. Also, I believe it was only the first Lunar that had an edition with special MPEG cutscenes that required the VCD card.

Lunar Eternal Blue on the Saturn is a one disc game, same as the first one. Its pretty much identical to the Sega-CD version released in the US. The reason the PSX version is 3 discs long, is because of the improvements, additions, and enhancements that were added to it.

Lunar Eternal Blue on the Saturn is a one disc game, same as the first one.

Wrong. It's a 2-disc game. The switch point happens after the FMV where Hiro and Lucia have a discussion in the DragonShip Destiny while traveling to Pentagullia.

Its pretty much identical to the Sega-CD version released in the US. The reason the PSX version is 3 discs long, is because of the improvements, additions, and enhancements that were added to it.

Wrong again. The Saturn version and PSX version are 99% identical, since the PSX version is a port of the Saturn version. The only improvements are a few extra transparencies in the spells, and there's one or two bonus dungeons. The tiles and the sprites are the very same.

The PSX version is 3 discs because the video and audio files occuips a bit more space than the Saturn version. Disc 3 contains the Epilogue (avaliable after you beat the game), that is in Disc 1 in the Saturn version.

was i at least right about the 2 different versions? i could have sworn an mpeg and non mpeg version were available.

Originally posted by Dyne@Apr 22, 2004 @ 02:31 AM

was i at least right about the 2 different versions? i could have sworn an mpeg and non mpeg version were available.

There's a MPEG version of Lunar SSS, since the FMVs in the original were heavily letterboxed.

But in the Saturn Lunar2 the FMV quality was improved a huge lot, now being all full screen (in the PSX version many FMVs are letterboxed due to space problems) with an amazing video quality (among the best seen on the Saturn), due to the usage of a better Cinepak encoder, rendering the release of a MPEG edition useless, since it wouldn't bring that much of a difference.

So:

Lunar SSS 1 cd doesn't need the MPEg Card

Lunar SSS MPEG Edition 1 cd needs the MPEG Card (doesn't work without it)

Lunar 2 Eternal Blue 2cd doesn't need the MPEG Card

That's all.

(in fact there are 2 versions of the Lunar SSS T-27901G : version 1.05 & version 2.00 [check your version number in the header])

Differences in the PSX version:

- There are extra bonus dungeons (2?)

- Spells make more use of transparency effects, monsters have better looking shadows, etc.

- WD included a whole bunch of kew stuff in the package.

- The game spawns 3 discs instead of two (duh!)

- Most FMVs have black borders around them, with a few expections (characters introductions). All FMVs in the Saturn version are full screen.

And I'm not sure if this happens with all copies, but I remember seeing screen tearing in the PSX version. Maybe that copy was defective or something...

Back