Lunar on GBA

Gallstaff

Established Member
I know a lot of you must be aware that there is a lunar game for gameboy advance out but damn I wish I knew about it sooner. Can anyone tell me if it's any good?

Lunar

yeah its been out for a small while

heard its still good.

I'll probably pick it up after I finish a few of my currect RPGs

No cinematics
sad.gif

Originally posted by BJammzz@May 29, 2003 @ 08:52 PM

it's based around the PSX version.....that ruins it right there.

what's wrong with the PSX version other than its on the PSX?

I haven't played it yet

PSX remake: No random battles, plot tinkered with.

The GBA version doesn't have an overworld map to explore, which is sad considering the original's awesome world design.

I bought it when it first came out. I was expecting a remake of the SegeCD version, but with better graphics. Oh, how I was wrong! I haven't finished it probably because I played through the original, and I don't think I'll finish it. I still think the original was better. And yeah, the overworld map in the GBA version was a big letdown.

orig. is easily the best one I have played (played all but sat version) anyone know about the sat one? is it any good? based off of which game? the SCD I take it...?

Originally posted by BJammzz@May 30, 2003 @ 09:34 PM

orig. is easily the best one I have played (played all but sat version) anyone know about the sat one? is it any good? based off of which game? the SCD I take it...?

If it's not English, I don't bother

that's why I haven't played it, hehe......but someday they migth translate it? I think I might download it just cuz I have a hitachi VCD card and wanna gander at the movies....

Originally posted by BJammzz@May 30, 2003 @ 09:58 PM

that's why I haven't played it, hehe......but someday they migth translate it? I think I might download it just cuz I have a hitachi VCD card and wanna gander at the movies....

hmm I wonder if my DVD player will play them

it can play VCD (mpeg) clips even if it's not a standard VCD

I think it runs mpeg-2....dont quote me on that though. and the prob. w/ the DVD player playing it...it might not be able to access the file, know what I am sayin?

Originally posted by Gallstaff@May 30, 2003 @ 10:32 PM

what else would it be?

for example

I download some MPEG videos off the net (such as movie or game trailers) and burn them on a CD.

I put the CD in my DVD player and it plays it like it would a VCD

Originally posted by BJammzz@May 30, 2003 @ 10:35 PM

I think it runs mpeg-2....dont quote me on that though. and the prob. w/ the DVD player playing it...it might not be able to access the file, know what I am sayin?

if its an MPEG file anywhere on the disc, it should find it.

you can have it in folders, with other misc formats and it doesn't care

same goes with MP3s or JPEGs

pretty sweet huh?

They probably aren't conveniently located and called xx.mpg, if you know what I mean. The files are there, and they may be mpeg, but that doesn't mean your DVD player will magically know which files are which. You could find them yourself on a PC, put them on a CDR renamed. Also, IIRC, there were more than one version of Lunar for Saturn, as not everyone had a VCD card. Unless that was another game I was thinking of, but I thought it was Lunar that had one version with higher-q videos that required the VCD card.

Back