Maybe it's my perception...

This troubles me. Ever since I came back fom my little hiatus, I've noticed things have been much quieter around here. I've looked at the other boards that have sprouted up from the renegades that broke away from SX, but they're even worse. I don't get it, why is no one posting anymore?

Even the mood on the board seems to have changed, much more solemn...it's like one of those western movies where the cowboy runs into town and theres only like three people in there, and one guy's wittling a stick on a porch.

Is it just me guys? Do you notice it too? SX just isn't the same anymore....we should do something about it.

Originally posted by crystalmethod@Oct. 25 2002, 9:56 pm

I've looked at the other boards that have sprouted up from the renegades that broke away from SX, but they're even worse. I don't get it, why is no one posting anymore?

What are they doing that would be worse? Bashing SX goes only so far... after some point, they have to get bored, right?

My guess is that since complaining about the loss of the FTP section caused nothing to change (imagine that) they've given up, and simply left.

But yes, the board is quiet.

The reason it's so quiet is because all the ppl who were here just for the FTP section have left.....kinda sad really but I am over it
smile.gif
. I am glad things have quieted down from what they were. It feels more like a community instead of a place to get games now. We just need more post and stuff about SEGA stuff. I know it's hard to do tonz of coverage while trying to get VGR ready but I think we can atleast have 2-3 posts a week. It should pick up after VGR gets up and running though.... That's my 2cp.

No CrystalMethod has a point. All the boards do seem a lot quiter, not just the general board. Take a look at the dev board, only one active thread in the last couple of days...well maybe this can be attributed to the fact Sega is not as popular as it once was?

Maybe it's a little quieter now, but I wouldn't sweat it. The dev section never had a high number of posts and most other sections of the site are still relatively active. People come and go...everything works in cycles.

It'll pick up again.
smile.gif

I don't mean the site itself, I mean the boards, of course. It's weird, but it's as if we're running out of stuff to talk about. I mean I guess theres only so much Sega to talk about.

And in terms of speaking about politics, life and other such subjects, I don't think theres enough people around for any of these discussions to take place.

it's true there isn't enough people. What ever you'll always have me come on here in one of my depressed moods and type about how i hate things.

I think people should post whatever is on their minds. Whether it be intelligent or just idiocy it will make dfun conversation. I am not saying build a board of MSN teenie boppers, but maybe the board should cover more topics than just video games

There's plenty of Sega left to talk about, we just need people to be in more talkative moods. Lots of folks have a more hectic work or school life to deal with and can't always make it to the forums.

The last thing we need is 10 or so people with less hectic/interesting lives posting whatever's on their mind.
tongue.gif

And, yeah, winter's coming...

Haven't been hibernating yet.

Actually, I've been playing a lot of games lately. Some of them are even with the new girl I'm dating
biggrin.gif

Well, I on the other hand have gotten my igloo all ready. All I need to do now is go out and buy hot cocoa.

Still looking forward to peeing messages in the snow.

Back