MD1 + 32x at 60hz

Hi All

I have recently modded my md1 to 60hz and allas, no colour. I only have an rf cable and my AV is from a c64. Now I have heard that a 32x can produce colour for a modded md1 using rf or AV. Do you need to use the AV out in the 32x? or can this work through the md's rf out?? I ask as i havent got an md 2 av or RF cable for using AV out in the 32x,, Also i have no clue of the 32x, i do have the cable that leads from the md1 to the 32x's av in.

Oh, the 32x cost $10, not bad as they are not common here.

yeh i was the one to introduce the 32x thing.

i have a PAL MD2, did the 60hz switch and get b/w. I plugged in the 32x and i got colour. I'm using an A/V cable but you should also get colour with the r/f unit.

yes you do need to use the A/V out in the 32x.

Not using the 32x's video is defeating the purpose of using one to correct the colour alltogether.

doing the 60hz switch mod does not enable TRUE NTSC. it just changes the refresh rate of the output, it does not change the colour signal output.

I think its likely that the 32x is universal in its output and when it recieves the 60hz signal from the MD, it "knows" what colour and video signal to put out and therefore corrects the colour problem.

so my friend, you need the correct cable im afraid. The 32x usaully comes with the updated r/f unit and some form of adapter for the MD1 anyway.

Thanks for that, i have the adapter for the md1, now just looking for a MD2 rf or av cable.

Great news, i might actually start to like the md now

Replying to myself, :lol:

So ive taken the a-b switch from a broken 2600 vader and added the 50/60hz switch to the md. I cant believe how much better this system is, frankly I thought the PAL MD sucked in the day and bought a SNES straight away with a 60/60 switch. But i now see how many excellent carts there are for the md, 15 years too late but worth the wait IMHO

You must have been using a pal TV set, right? i have been trying to get color out of a md1(mod 50/60 hz)+mcd+32x and connecting them to a NTSC set only outputs b/w :blink: has anyone gotten any idea why i'm doing wrong? i'm about to burn this euro monster up! :damn:

Originally posted by siamese@Feb 25, 2004 @ 07:28 PM

You must have been using a pal TV set, right? i have been trying to get color out of a md1(mod 50/60 hz)+mcd+32x and connecting them to a NTSC set only outputs b/w :blink: has anyone gotten any idea why i'm doing wrong? i'm about to burn this euro monster up! :damn:

Only thing i can think of is the cable whether its rf/AV should be coming out of the 32x.

sure thing! I use a/v cables fitted with the minidin plug on one side and i connect it

to the megadrive 32x and the tv set :damn: PLEASE HELP

I'm thinking of modding a sega genesis 2 console with the 50/60 hz, and after booting the mega cd2 switch to ntsc to get color, what do you think would be the best? (or give the whole stuff some gas and a match :flamethrower: )

Back