Mega Drive I Scart RGB Calbe

Hi there,

I got an old Mega Drive I from eBay. I only came with a RF Cable and I want to connect it to my TV via RGB like my Mega Drive 2.

How must I connect the Mega Drive to the TV?

My problem is, where on the Scart connector do I have to connect the Sync from the Mega Drive.

And where must I connect the +5V from Mega Drive to switch the TV into RGB Mode? (is that blanking signal???)

I found a scart and Mega Drive pinout at www.hardwarebook.net

Thankx alot!!

My cable is working but there´s a little problem.

I have a original Sega RGB Cable for the Mega Drive 2.

When I compare the color saturation of the Mega Drive 1 and the 2. The MD1 has a lot more color saturation.

I think it´s TOO much. Can I reduce the color intensity by pulling the RGB channels down to ground with resistors? If yes, how much Ohm must they have?

in fact, you HAVE to put a 75 Ohm resistor on each of the R, G and B lines, to get the normal output level.

Okay,

Do I have to put them into the line.

Hard to describe in english ;) sorry.

Sega Red ----------//--------- TV Red

Or like this: (pulled to ground)

Sega Red ----------------------- TV Red

I

GND

Thanks

The cable is working fine now.

I´m still searching the web for some info to make a RGB mod for my Master System without Sony chip.

Maybe I should buy a nice Master System I ;)

hi ...

i just open up a sega megadrive - mastersystem scart cable (the "black box" in the middle of the cable) and i found that the circuit inside is a little more complex than just 3 resistors and that the "sync" line is used for example (there a lot of more cable connected to the scart connector, such the blanking signal")

is there someone here (arakon ??? ) who could explain the purpose of this little circuit inside the scart cable ,

One little question from me. What resistor I need for a 32x Conversion Cable (I want to find I out by myself but my multimeter broke down).
angry.gif

@eke-eke:

good question. I got no clue at all. nothing more than the resistors is needed for a good rgb signal.

@teufel:

none. the 32x video link cable is a 1:1 cable.

Back