Megadrive team demo

Hey guys,

We're working on a team demo project for the Sega Megadrive. The official thread is here:

http://www.sega-devega.net

The basic idea is to have each team (or individual) produce a position independant 256k binary, that will be called up from a main demo frame.

How the demo will look, and it's theme is undecided at this stage. We're just basically looking for interest from programmers, artists or musicians.

If you're interested, then register your interest on my official thread.

Lewis

Nice project, there are many good Genesis dev projects actually. Maybe it's time to open a new development page dedicated to the Genesis ?

Originally posted by vbt@Thu, 2006-03-16 @ 04:14 PM

Nice project, there are many good Genesis dev projects actually. Maybe it's time to open a new development page dedicated to the Genesis ?

[post=145134]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, we need something like SMS Power: clean layout & easy to navigate, forums for various aspects of the system (coding, music, general), up to date forum scripts. But it's a *lot* of work, not to mention the costs involved.

I always thought (hoped) Eidolon's Inn might evolve into something like that, but I don't see that happening. Nothing wrong with a good general-purpose Sega website though.

It seems to me that's exactly what Lewis is working on. Sure, there's only one forum right now, but there aren't really enough people to justify too many forums just yet. I think it's a good start, and that's why I support Devega.

Yep, at the moment there's not very much people doing stuff on the Megadrive, little over 20 in total I think. Our project should raise some more interest.

Internet communities are made my people, not really by webpages and forums. Devega just has one forum, but if we had more activity, I would have no problem opening up some more. In my opinion (and in the opinion of others), the layout and colour scheme is easy and simple, and in fact I have modeled the site from SMS Power!.

As LocalH said, there just ain't enough people or activity right now to have a scene as extensive or active as SMS Power! If you want to support the Megadrive development scene, then work on some projects, and tell me about them! I have a news script which I freely allow anyone to use, providing they have some projects to release. I'm also more than happy to host anything, providing it's related.

Back