Metroid Prime

mtxblau

Mid Boss
So I was walking to the library today on campus (at my university) and what do I see chalked onto the sidewalk?

A huge (15ft x 6ft) Metroid Prime sign.

I may have missed a notice on an ad campaign by Nintendo, so any ideas? Or is the work of a bunch of morons with nothing better to do?

Well, I found out today. Normally I don't read this Univ's paper (it's awful) but I noticed they did address who did it and why.

Turns out Nintendo is sponsoring a 'Talent and Adventure' contest, at several colleges, to promote, well duh - Metroid Prime.

The winners receive an MTV party on campus for 200 people, 1,000 in cash, five GCNs and five metroid prime games before they get released to the public. To get this stuff though, you have to pull a couple stunts to attract attention.

Apparently these included doing 'metroid stunts' with cheerleaders, to the Metroid theme music (take that as you will). They dressed up some statues in metroid regalia (I haven't seen it) and then did the chalk stuff (previously mentioned).

Apparently you can find this stuff out at www.metroid.com . Go figure. Well, that ends that mystery.

wow.... that is one of the worst ad campaigns i've ever heard of in my life and that includes the mtv shore shack give away or whatever that was called in the mid 80's...

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Nov. 05 2002, 4:11 pm

wow.... that is one of the worst ad campaigns i've ever heard of in my life and that includes the mtv shore shack give away or whatever that was called in the mid 80's...

it sounds better than "name your baby Turok"

Originally posted by racketboy+Nov. 05 2002, 3:04 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Nov. 05 2002, 3:04 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Gallstaff@Nov. 05 2002, 4:11 pm

it sounds better than "name your baby Turok"[/b][/quote]

...and have Acclaim fuck with your tombstone, and any other part of human life they want to demoralize! Hoorah for Acclaim!
tongue.gif

Back