Microsoft is acquiring the rights to Unix

:bs Xp runs dos games just peachy i dunno where you get that from i've run alot of dos apps under xp and i've never had a blue/black/red/etc. screen once. gotta love carmageddon it actually crashed more in win98se dos than the never it has crashed in XP command prompt.

Originally posted by Curtis@May 21, 2003 @ 09:33 PM

AmigaOS crashes all the time - don't you remember those weird arse "guru" error messages?

Hey... as an ol' Amiga guru of yore (no pun intended) I take that personally.
tongue.gif
Sure it crashed now and then but no more than Windows does nowadays - and AmigaOS had no memory protection. That makes the fact that it was as stable as it was so much more impressive.

And damn... WinUAE rocks. What other emulator/OS lets you use your PC's videocard directly as a display device instead of emulating the Amiga's native screenmodes? It's great.
smile.gif

Originally posted by tsumake@May 20, 2003 @ 10:06 PM

www.fuckmicrosoft.com

Hey, I use XP too. But after reading this site, I know a little more about what's up with MS.

Because all trustworthy news sources are named "fuck******.com"

If you can't go to FUCKMICROSOFT.COM for an unbiased opinion, where can you go?

That's right up there with fuckiraq.com, fuckisrael.com, fuckbush.com, man, just fuckitall.com.

What a dilema some of you guys are in, to use the products from the very company you despise. Oh well I guess thats why I finally got me a Mac.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Zero@May 22, 2003 @ 09:00 PM

What a dilema some of you guys are in, to use the products from the very company you despise. Oh well I guess thats why I finally got me a Mac.
biggrin.gif

Well, have fun with it
tongue.gif
As for Windows - hey, we PC users make do, OK... me and the others who don't like the OS messing with stuff know how to get around its grubby little hands, thankyouverymuch
tongue.gif

oh, and Daniel... OS3.9, hmm, I never used it actually
smile.gif
I still have Kickstart/Workbench 3.1 on mine....

I try to keep an open mind.

I use whatever works the best and is easiest.

I use some Microsoft software for that reason. And I don't use a lot of other MS software.

I would love to have a Mac. unfortunately my finances can support a nice one and Apple/Motorola have fallen behind in the CPU race. OS X is goregous though!

Zero, I'll believe it when I see it.

The G4 was meant to be Apple's 'savior' CPU and look what happened to that.
sad.gif

Back