Mod board stuff

'K, first of all, I've never soldered anything before and I'm often a victem of murphey's law.

Anyways, I recently aquired a brand new copy of NiGHTSs and the 3d control pad. Yet, I have no Saturn (although I've always wanted one). Except I wanna get a mod board so that I can play those hard to find games Here's my options:

-Get a saturn, a mod board, and go to work

-Buy a pre-moded staurn.

Which of these is the better idea? Is it hard to install the mod board? How much does a soldering iron cost (in Canadian if possible)?

Thanks alot.

1. -Get a saturn, a mod board, and go to work

2. Its very easy to instal the modboard (as long as your saturn doesn't have a 64 pin chip)

3. I bought my soldering iron and the solder itself for about $7 in the U.S.A.

Radio Shack sells soldering kits... An iron, solder, a stand for the iron, wire cutters, and needlenose pliers. I think I got mine for $9 US a few years ago, but it's vanished... I'm not going to mod my Saturn since I can't get a straight answer from companies offering "20 pin mod boards", so I don't need to get another one just yet.

I bought a mod board but unfortunately I have the 64pin saturn and my friend who did the soldering screwed up and soldered about 4 pins together so I cant turn it on until he gets a desolderer (does this thing exist he said it did?) to fix it.

Me and you need new friends Jonny. One's that have a use. After all, friends are only what you can get out of them :)

Braided or twisted wires will pick solder up through capillary action... A desolderererer thing looks like a big plastic syringe. You push the springloaded plunger down, heat the solder until it melts, put the tip of the desolderer next to it, and push the button. It'll suck it up. Simple, Eddy, simple.

Back