MOD CHIP...

Originally posted by Tagrineth+Aug 21, 2003 @ 07:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tagrineth @ Aug 21, 2003 @ 07:20 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-IBarracudaI@Aug 21, 2003 @ 04:59 PM

what about the infamous BIN+CUE format? :p

Still loses some data and is more vulnerable to erroneous error correction (see also: Alcohol 120%). Also loses entire file structure - it has to be rewritten when the data is burned. [/b][/quote]

Please enlighten us as to what significant data is being lost by a bin/cue (referring to Cdrwin or Blindwrite, not Alcohol 120%)

While my ripping experience only deals with Sega CD games, I have found that Nero, Discjuggler, and even CloneCD tend to be flaky in spots. CDRwin, Blindread, and even Alcohol all produce the same binary from a disc. (although Alcohol can't do a correct cue sheet)

Well, not just sanyo boards, but a regular (matshushita ?) boards too.

Swap timing is indeed very strict....well, without top cover i can succesfully swap in 9 of 10 tries, but with top cover it becomes a _very_ complicated process. And btw because of that now i have one new boxed pal saturn with sanyo board that i can't sell (unmoddable + fast swap) - anybody want to try fast swapping by yourself ? :)

PS Thunderforce V works fine with one swap.

Originally posted by King M@Aug 25, 2003 @ 12:09 PM

Please enlighten us as to what significant data is being lost by a bin/cue (referring to Cdrwin or Blindwrite, not Alcohol 120%)

While my ripping experience only deals with Sega CD games, I have found that Nero, Discjuggler, and even CloneCD tend to be flaky in spots. CDRwin, Blindread, and even Alcohol all produce the same binary from a disc. (although Alcohol can't do a correct cue sheet)

You lose file structure, more than anything else. Also DAO or TAO information, that's written straight into a CloneCD control file or nrg/cdi header.

Back