Mod from jandaman

Component and RGB are different.

By some standards, RGB is a type of component video. The scheme popularized by DVD players in the US is less ambiguously called Colo(u)r Difference, Y/Pr/Pb, or Y/R-Y/B-Y. It's handy for compression, broadcast compatibility, and not much else (it has to be converted to RGB to display just like anything else, the conversion is just a very clean one).

Im confused
blink.gif
! So would buying Xbox component cables from Jandamans site be the same as buying RGB cables for xbox?

YES!! Thank you mal. My friend is so sure that they are the same thing. He thinks he knows so much just cause he works at best buy. Now i can prove him wrong.

OMFG!!! He still is arguing with me that im wrong. And he keeps backing up his arguement with the fact that he works at best buy. I keep reminding him that the people there don't know shit from a computer. ARGHHHH!!

yea Best Buy is always full of employees who don't know anything and are dying for their 5 minute smoke break. :lol:

Alright! after weeks... he finaly admits i was right! Sweet justice! He never does that. Any ways, i just got my component cables for my xbox from jandaman. The red video plug was labled as the audio plug however. Took me a while to figure that out.

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Aug 5, 2003 @ 10:13 AM

"RGB cables" usually refers to SCART, a European connection standard that includes video and audio in one plug.

Yeah, he finaly said that he was wrong and then explained to me the difference, as Tagrineth state. I told him he is a freakin retard because thats what i was freakin telling him the hole time.

One can use a SCART cable for composite, svideo or RGB video.. as well as mono or stereo sound :)

Saturn SCART cables use the RGB pins, but PSXs and other consoles come with a composite (A/V) to SCART convertor, using the composite pins in the Scart connection.

Back