Modded Sega Saturn Package

Originally posted by aaron@Thu, 2005-04-21 @ 10:34 AM

so this means that most PAL games will run larger than the screen, eh? or will flicker or something? basically just won't look right?

hm..........

man this is still tempting.

[post=133059]Quoted post[/post]​

I played Mega Man X4 PAL version on it, and it was slightly off-center. So yeah.

I'll give you a back-rub if you buy it. :p

Today must be insane price drop day! The price for the entire package is less than half what I was originally asking for it. $50 now! :rockin:

(EDIT) That did it. Item has been sold

Originally posted by Dud@Mon, 2005-04-04 @ 07:19 AM

I don't like burned games. I need complete games because the packaging and artwork is what entices me to play. Yes I could play burned games, in fact I used to have 130 burned games, but I never played them because it is something psychological with silvery CD-Rs that makes games less exciting to play for me. I'm kind of a strange guy...

Anyway, I know for a fact that someone here will get more use out of it than I, and they can bootleg games to their heart's content. :banana

[post=132497]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, i know that feeling :rockin:

damn these smilies rock!

anyway, looking for a chipped saturn myself, and this price is nice! too bad i joined late :D

seeeyoou guys later

Originally posted by Dud@Tue, 2005-04-12 @ 08:38 PM

Unfortunately that is a huge problem. This mod was developed by AMurderofCrows so only he would know how to do that for sure, and I can't get in touch with him. Maybe someone who is skilled with this stuff can figure out what he did and change it, but that is a big maybe.

[post=132807]Quoted post[/post]​

It would be impossible to have made a 3 region switchless and have US as main power up with the way i designed that prototype. Without getting too technical, the work involved in designing this mod was all about logic....+5 or +0. three seperate jumpers used together determine what region the system launches in.

if JPN mode was 5 0 0

then USA mode was 0 5 0

and EUR mode was 0 5 5

i suppose i *COULD* have worked harder at a logic reversal mod, but the problem was adding EUR mode....JPN and USA modes are easy to switch. EUR mode is difficult because it uses USA mode as a base and adds +5.

Best i could come up with was maybe using a hex inverter to invert JPN mode to EUR mode...but then you'd have

Power On: EUR

Reset: USA

Lid: JPN

Back