Modded?

I got my Saturn today, the one from ebay a mentioned in the earlier post "recognize this game?". The thing is, its a US saturn, October 95, but when I turn it on it only recognizes Japanese games. This is with and without the Action Replay Plus in the slot. Each time I turn it on, it immediately asks me what language I want and then the date, as if the battery needed to be replaced. There is no switch on it that I can see, its just stuck thinking its a jap saturn. The ebay seller knew nothing about the system, and didn't say where he got it. Am I to assume it is modded? I always thought the Action Replay had to be in the slot to play Jap games. Although its nice to be able to play 1m or 4m games without switching cartridges, I'd still like to know how I can play US games on the thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

If saturn asks you for language and date i'm sure the battery is dead. <_<

humm, go to settings main menu and check on the lower right and tell us what appears in there.. is it NTSC-4-v1.00a ?

That 4 stands for an US system, 1 is for JAP and C for european. that v1.00a is the bios version..

But thar Action Replay Plus should allow you to bypass the country lockout..

well, from your description the cart doesn't even boot... prolly the cart slot is acting crappy again. After you've replaced the battery, push the cart all the way down into the slot and then gently lift it out a teensy bit. Now you should see some menu when you turn on your saturn.

It's NTSC-1-v1.00a; Could it be that the owner modded it to japan and didn't bother to add a switch and instead bought the Action Replay Plus for US games? I tried reinserting the AR+ and it did bring up the menu and allow me to play US games.

That's entirely possible, or it may have been a japanese system originally anyway. In any case, the 4in1 you are using is the easiest solution.

Originally posted by Stephen_Ri@Sep 4, 2003 @ 04:06 PM

Could it be that the owner modded it to japan and didn't bother to add a switch and instead bought the Action Replay Plus for US games?

Looks like it.

Anyways, if you got the AR to work, then everything is OK :)

and if you want it "fixed" you can send it to me in a few weeks and i'll finish the region mod for it. a lil extra and i'll change the lights from green and red to blue

/<

Back