Modding PAL Saturn to NTSC (JP)

I have a PAL Saturn, which I would like to perm-mod to NTSC Japan, so I do not need a switch.

How is it done?

I have looked at this site: http://www.gamesx.com/importmod/saturncon.htm but its not very clear what it needs to be done.

Which jumpers set the console to PAL mode? Do I have to desolder/solder to switch the setting to NTSC Japan or there is a physical switch?

Thanks in advance for your help!

that is exactly what i want to do =)

is there a possibility to build a switch that changes only between PAL and JAP(NTSC) mode?

is there an instruction with pictures and comprehensible explanation of this and how to build a 50/60Hz switch or could someone write one? =)

thx

edit:

here i found a comprehensible guide, hope that will help us =)

Multinorm Mod

The guide at gamesx is clear enough if you understand english and if you have some electronic know how, if you like to mod your saturn to japanese mode permanently, you have to close certain jumpers as said in gamesx.com read on:

There are four jumpers we are concerned with, #6, 7, 10 and 11. (For an American Saturn the jumpers currently set are 10 and 7).

To change it to Japanese mode, you must open jumpers 10 & 7 and close jumpers 11 and 6.

Another way of looking at it is this: the point common to both 6 + 7 is set to +5v for Japan, and Ground for the US. The common point for 10 + 11 is Ground for Japan, and +5v for the US.

courtesy of www.gamesx.com

If you want a switchless mod try this

http://www.gamesx.com/importmod/sat_switchless.htm

is that clear enough? I've done the switch and switchless mod by getting help from segaxtreme and gamesx i think it's clear enough for me because i have a common sense :D

If you want full NTSC there's an easier method - put a DPDT switch on JP1 and JP2. The reason most guides tell you to cut a track is because they assume you want PAL-60. If you're using RGB/SCART then you don't need to worry about that - NTSC should work fine.

Back