Monitor's Freaking out

Cloud121

Established Member
My computer monitor is really acting weird. It's kinda blurry, and the keeps on making this weird sound whenever a line flashes on the screen. As if it's trying to not make it blurry. Very odd.

Hmmm...I'm no expert on monitors but it sounds like the CRT might be burning out. How old is the monitor? Does it make loud clicking noises when you first turn it on? If I were you I'd buy a flat screen from price watch....$286 for the KDS 15 inch, which I can vouch is a great monitor. (I paid $399 for it over the summer and I still think it's worth every penny..., max resolution is 768x1024 though)

Flatscreen monitiors suck (too blury), esp used monitors cause they die so fast :( I had a 19 inch micron about a year ago and it died a month after that and sence then im stuck with a 17 inch monitor :(

Quote: from slinga on 3:31 pm on Feb. 20, 2002

Hmmm...I'm no expert on monitors but it sounds like the CRT might be burning out. How old is the monitor? Does it make loud clicking noises when you first turn it on? If I were you I'd buy a flat screen from price watch....$286 for the KDS 15 inch, which I can vouch is a great monitor. (I paid $399 for it over the summer and I still think it's worth every penny..., max resolution is 768x1024 though)

No, it doesn't make loud clicking noises when I turn it on. The Monior is about... 1 1/2 years old old (got it brand-new with my comp at that time).

Yeah, my KDS 17 inch died, it was doing the same thing, ha, sometimes it'd do that and flicker and go out... I had to hit it with my hand to get it to work again.

Replace the bitch.

it wasn;t some kind of magnetic problem? my monitor goes haywire sometimes when my speakers are near. and my speakers go bezerk when i use my phone near by. them things just dont get along very well

Back