More Virtua Cop 3 Goodness

mtxblau

Mid Boss
Virtua Cop 3 Screenshots, etc.

Sega-AM2 is bringing another Virtua Cop game to the arcades.

Sega-AM2, the division of Sega behind the Virtua Fighter series, had Virtua Cop 3 on display at a recent press event in Japan. The basic mechanics of the game will be similar to previous games in the Virtua Cop series, but the development team has added a new skill called the ES-mode. This particular ability lets players produce a bullet-time-like effect that slows down projectiles, allowing them to shoot down bullets and other projectiles. However, there's an ES-mode meter that drains every time the skill is used, so players can't use it constantly throughout the game.

Virtua Cop 3 is being developed on the Xbox-powered Chihiro arcade board, and it's currently scheduled for release in Japanese arcades this April.

The game looks mega sweet!

I checked out the movie and it gives me shivers.

Blows the previous 2 games away!

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Jan. 20 2003, 12:24 pm

Virtua Cop 3 is being developed on the Xbox-powered Chihiro arcade board ...

HOLY MILKIN' COW... the XBox made it into an arcade board? Is nothing sacred to Microsoft anymore??!!!?

It's a matter of economics.

[*]The hardware is already developed and relatively cheap.

[*]People already know how to program it.

[*]Home conversions are very cheap and easy to do.

Don't be so damn rational, mal
tongue.gif

This is MICROSOFT we're talking about!! They're gonna corner, then take over YET ANOTHER MARKET!!! I fear for the worst! AAAHHHHHH!!!!!

I'm of the opinion that it's the game itself, rather than the hardware it runs on, that's important.
tongue.gif

It's not a new concept Taelon - STV == Saturn...Naomi == Dreamcast.

Microsoft isn't the end of the world*.
smile.gif

*Sponsored by MS corp. 2003

Yeah, yeah
tongue.gif
I'm well aware of Naomi and Titan... as for PSX/PS2-based boards, fine with me....

BUT THIS IS MICROSOFT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!! *screams hysterically*

Back