Morons and their XBOX's

lordofduct

Established Member
Morons and their XBOX's

I mod XBOXs for people. I have modded many apon many, including 2 for myself and for my roommates.

My 2 XBOXs NEVER have problems. My roommates NEVER have problems. My buddy Montrozozozos NEVER has problems. Steve... well Steve breaks his every freakin' week, I don't know what this fucker does, but I have to go to his house once a week and fix his stupid XBOX. The kid has no skill in technology what so ever, he doesn't even know what ROM means.

SO, his best friend who I am good friends with too buys my crystal clear XBOX with a Xenium chip in it... this kid let just remind you is dumb... my father has nicknamed him simply "Retard". Well he buys my XBOX 2 weeks ago and today here he is calling me, it doesn't work.

WHAT THE..... grrr

I have owned this thing for like 2 1/2 years. not once have I had a problem. This bastard has it a week and it is dieing? Okay Okay, I've come to the conclusion its Hardware and not of the chips doing. but still this is just to weird that the technologically handicapped of my friends always seem to get the fucked up XBOXs!

My question now: this is a prob I've come across before. The Thompson DVD drive on the stupid bastard, this is the third one I have seen to fail. This is just as bad as the 3 PS2s that I have collected over the years that had the DVD Roms fail! Why is it these companies release broken cheap freakin' hardware? My SegaCD STILL works without a hitch, I have owned this thing since oh say 92' 93' some where in there. AHHHHHHHHHh.

Thank god I didn't pay for those PS2s, and hey I aint buying a new DVD rom for that XBOX... that is ALL up to that kid. Ill show him what drive and I'll flash the firmware, but that is it.

Morons and their XBOX's

Why is it these companies release broken cheap freakin' hardware?
Because it's cheap, and people don't bitch enough when it breaks.

I aint buying a new DVD rom for that XBOX... that is ALL up to that kid. Ill show him what drive and I'll flash the firmware, but that is it.
Then he'll have lots of fun reversing the motor. Or did someone fix the firmware to not require that anymore?

Morons and their XBOX's

Cybie: no, the firmware issue isn't a problem with either the Samsung 616T or 616F... all it takes is a quick flash of the firmware and soldering four wires to the bottom of the PCB and splicing them into the yellow cable in the XBOX (this is for ejecting and other stupid stuff the XBOX needs to check, real easy though). It looks kinda ugly, but as the original drive is busted, I'll just take it apart and use the case and tray from it so that I can retain the OEM look. (It would be a shaim to lose the OEM look on a crystal clear XBOX!)

Morons and their XBOX's

Every 616T tutorial I've seen says that you need to reverse the motor (i.e. remove it, turn it 180 degrees, and reinstall it), because the 616 and 605 don't have it installed in the same way, and the motor control routines in the firmware will actually drive it the wrong way.

Morons and their XBOX's

Originally posted by ExCyber@Tue, 2005-08-23 @ 02:56 PM

Every 616T tutorial I've seen says that you need to reverse the motor (i.e. remove it, turn it 180 degrees, and reinstall it), because the 616 and 605 don't have it installed in the same way, and the motor control routines in the firmware will actually drive it the wrong way.

[post=138632]Quoted post[/post]​

Ah, your right... that isn't hard. Haven't done it to an XBOX (never had to) but I've done it to other things.

I told the kid he just has to buy it, I'll do the work. I'm very handy with a solder iron.

Thanks for catching that for me.

Morons and their XBOX's

I wasn't really sure, because someone was "supposed" to patch the firmware to fix that, but I guess that turned out to just be wishful thinking.

Back