movie ripping

you need to use a different program for converting the videos.. I had the same problem... but now I used

acpk2avi.. and it works great... sent me a private message with you e-mail address and I'll send it to you....

is there actualy any movies in shining force 3? i'm least 10hrs into it an not one besides the intro. just a shitload of boring text about benetram an goin off to save the day someplace else. shit is getting boring and the story is nonexistant.

Find the CKP parser, and you'll never need to convert the movies anymore :p

PS.: The parser allows windowze players to run .CPK as if they were any other kind of movie.

I have this Japanese CPK converter made in Visual Basic 2.0 that has converted every CPK I have ever seen flawlessly. I found it int he Vector archives, never seen it on any Sega page before.

Originally posted by M3d10n+June 20 2002, 20:02--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(M3d10n @ June 20 2002, 20:02)</div><div class='quotemain'>Find the CKP parser, and you'll never need to convert the movies anymore
tongue.gif

PS.: The parser allows windowze players to run .CPK as if they were any other kind of movie.[/b]

Some people like to convert Saturn Cinepak movies to MPEG or DivX ;-) format, so that they can compile a collection of Saturn videos and burn to CD-Rs. In some instances, some even put the converted videos onto their web sites.
tongue.gif

<!--QuoteBegin-sat985
@June 20 2002, 17:07

is there actualy any movies in shining force 3? i'm least 10hrs into it an not one besides the intro. just a shitload of boring text about benetram an goin off to save the day someplace else. shit is getting boring and the story is nonexistant.[/quote]

There are 35 Cinepak videos in Scenario 1, 2 in Scenario 2, and 3 in Scenario 3. Come to think of it, I believe the F33ED.CPK video in Scenario 3 is the biggest Cinepak video (163 MB) I've ever seen on any Saturn game.

Scenario 1
sf3scn1.gif

Scenario 2
sf3scn2.gif

Scenario 3
sf3scn3.gif

shit. I'm 15hrs into it or so an all i've seen is the intro at the titlescreen. thats fuckedk. well guess its time to keep playin:)

Originally posted by DBOY+June 20 2002,20:38--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DBOY @ June 20 2002,20:38)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have this Japanese CPK converter made in Visual Basic 2.0 that has converted every CPK I have ever seen flawlessly. I found it int he Vector archives, never seen it on any Sega page before.[/b]

If you have Shining Force Scenario 3 (J), can you confirm if you can convert the 163 MB F33ED.CPK file to show more than 1:19 of video? All of the CPK2AVI tools and CPK movie players I've used keep giving me a 17.6 MB or 17.7 MB AVI file that plays only 1 minute 19 seconds long. For a 163 MB CPK file, I find it odd that the conversion to AVI was so fast, given that the source file was read from a CD and all. My guess is that the CPK tools only converted the first 1:19 of video or something.

<!--QuoteBegin-sat985
@June 20 2002,23:16

shit. I'm 15hrs into it or so an all i've seen is the intro at the titlescreen. thats fuckedk. well guess its time to keep playin:)[/quote]

Well, I don't blame you since 33 out of the 35 Cinepak videos in Scenario 1 are most likely from the ending as their filenames seem to indicate (END??.CPK).
wow.gif

Like I said, the parser solves the problem.

I just opened TMPGenc, chose a random profile, and when it asked me for a file, I just dragged SF3 Scen 3 intro into it. It was recgonized without trouble, and converted into MPEG.

The parser works almost like a codec. Most windows programs will recognize CPK movies as cinepak encoded AVIs when it's installed.

--EDIT--

Forget all the crap I said. The MPEG got the sound cut out... :p

Heh, the file I'm interested in using this parser on is the 163 MB (ending video???) "F33ED.CPK" video on Scenario 3:

sf3scn3.gif

---edited 7 months later---

I just tried the parser you gave me on the 163 MB CPK video and it shows the same 1:19 long 240x112 video with no audio. Oh well, ???

Originally posted by sat985@June 20 2002, 10:16 pm

shit. I'm 15hrs into it or so an all i've seen is the intro at the titlescreen. thats fuckedk. well guess its time to keep playin:)

Yes! As we all know from the PSX, plot development and fun factor ONLY comes from pretty videos. God, if it wasn't for all those flashy videos, I don't know what I would do with all the boring gameplay in video games!

Well, MasterAkuma sent me the file the other day and while I havent figured out how to extract the audio........ yet. I have figured out how to get the full video out of there instead of just the 1 min long intro sequence. I posted how I did in it my other video ripping topic. I will look at it more when I get home or over the weekend I didnt have much time yesterday.

The topic is located here.

http://litespeedcomputers.com/sx....;t=7765

Back