Movies or Music

I really like both, but I find that it all depends on what I'm doing.

These days I rarely find the time to just sit down and listen to some music without anything else going on (which is a shame), but it's perfectly fine just to have some going in the background while I'm doing something else.

I can only watch movies. It really bugs me if I miss one line, let alone a whole section of a film. I can't really be doing something else at the same time. I've got to be totally immersed in the film or I'll just give up on it and lose interest.

Mind you, it does depend on what sort of film it is and who I'm watching it with too. ;)

Hmm... even my favorite movies I have seen no more than four or five times. A good album, on the other hand, lasts a lifetime.

I never listen to a CD more than once, if all the way through at all. I'm a huge movie fan.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Jul 1, 2004 @ 12:01 AM

I never listen to a CD more than once, if all the way through at all. I'm a huge movie fan.

it seems you don't have any good cd at all. :sleep:

movies sometimes are made just to give good music a picture frame.

if you have something interesting to do, good music makes it

even better :drool:

it290 Posted on Jun 30, 2004 @ 06:16 PM

Hmm... even my favorite movies I have seen no more than four or five times. A good album, on the other hand, lasts a lifetime.

amen, brother

I hardly use CDs anymore.

Since my CD deck got stolen out of my car a while back, I just stick with my radio and sometimes make tapes from my MP3 collection.

At home, I just rip everything to MP3 and/or APE (lossless) and use my trusty Winamp. Having a ton of albums on random is wonderful. Sometimes I'll listen to my favorite albums all the way through but that's about it.

As for movies, I haven't been getting that many DVDs lately. Seems like everytime I buy a movie (even if I really liked it) I rarely feel the urge to watch it again. Now I mostly borrow DVDs from the library for free. And if I don't have time to watch it right away, I'll rip it to Xvid to watch it later. My tax dollers to good work, finally. :)

Originally posted by racketboy@Jul 2, 2004 @ 08:49 AM

Now I mostly borrow DVDs from the library for free. And if I don't have time to watch it right away, I'll rip it to Xvid to watch it later. My tax dollars to good work, finally. :)

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Not that I'd ever dream of doing that myself. :lol:

Hmm well, theoretically, in that situation, you're free to check out the movie any time; so you're really just doing the other library-users a favor by making the movie more available. ;)

Back